Hidden Identity [ShinKai]

Kuroba Kaito and Kudo Shinichi have been dating for almost 3 years now without any issue in their relationship except for one thing. Both are hiding something from each other. The detective and magician both have the same reason for hiding this and that is in order to protect one another from the danger that's surrounding them along with their secret. Kuroba Kaito hiding his identity as the magician under the moonlight, Kaitou 1412 or better known as Kaitou Kid. Kudo Shinichi who suddenly disappeared in the face of the media disguising it as to being stuck into a difficult case, but was actually turned into a 7 years old child and currently living in his childhood friend's home, Mouri Ran along with her detective father, Mouri Kogorou. 

At first, Kaito wanted to reveal his identity to Shinichi but knowing the danger that he will put on his beloved detective made him reconsider and also the fact that Shinichi suddenly disappeared after hanging out with Ran made him worried sick. Shinichi, however, prevented Kaito from panicking to the point of trying to find him by calling him from time to time and informing him about a  fake difficult case he's stuck with. He, too, wanted to tell his beloved magician about his current condition however after finding out how dangerous the Black Organization is, he didn't want his lover to get involved. What they don't know is that both of them are currently involved with some dangerous organization. 

"Why are you suddenly calling me this late at night?"

"Aww~ That's so harsh of you Shinichi! I just wanted to hear your voice before I go to bed, isn't that enough reason to call you~?"

Shinichi nearly face palm upon hearing the reason on why Kaito called him but he had to admit, that made his heart flutter and forced a smile on his face. Glancing from side to side as he quietly stepped out of the room, he went down to the Detective Agency office and sat by the window, listening to the magician's voice. 

"I miss hearing your voice as well."

"O-oi that's unfair! You can't just suddenly hit me with that especially when your voice is gentler than usualllll"

Kaito sat up from his bed with him hugging a pillow with one hand while the other is holding the phone. Shinichi's voice is indeed softer and more gentler than usual, is it because he really did missed hearing his magician's voice? Just by the thought of it made Kaito turned red while trying not to grinned like an idiot. He truly love Shinichi and will definitely do anything for him (except stop teasing and bothering him-) but he can still never tell him about his alter ego, it's too dangerous.

"Kaito are you listening? What's wrong?"

"A-ah it's nothing! I must've been dozing off-"

"You really dare lie to me huh?"

"... I just missed you, Shin-chan."

Hearing the hint of sadness in Kaito's voice made Shinichi's heart ache, he really didn't mean to make his magician miserable but he had no other choice, it's his safety at stake here after all and he will do anything just to protect Kaito. Looking up to see the full moon, he remembered that they'll be a heist tomorrow. 

"I missed you too, Kaito. I'll definitely solve this case so wait for me alright? I'm gonna hang up now, get some sleep. Goodnight, I love you."

"I'll wait for you no matter how long it takes so don't push yourself too hard~ Alright 'night, I love you more!"

Chuckling, Shinichi hang up the phone then sighed.

"I love you most."

His face turned serious as he started heading back upstairs, if it weren't for that drug he would've been meeting Kaito by now to their usual sunday date. Looking at his small hand, he shakes his head as he gets in his futon.