In His Arms

Genre:Romance, Fluff, Comfort

Date Published: August 24, 2022

A/N: Here's a short oneshort for y'all since I needed a break for I am once again being buried to a pile of school works

***

It's been a week since the last time Kaito saw the detective and much to his surprise, he didn't mind at all. He doesn't have the usual urge he gets back when they started dating to bother Shinichi with every chances he gets. We all could say he matured (a little) and knows not to stick himself too much around his Metantei, specially now that his been busy with cases here and there.

Now that he thinks about it, it's always him who goes to Shinichi and now that he, too, has been busy with his magic shows, he completely forgot to go and pay the detective a visit. They've been dating for three years now but they still haven't move in together. It was a mutual agreement so he really doesn't have anything to complain. And the fact that he still does sneaks into his house sometimes doesn't really feel like living away from him.

Kaito smirk as he finally decided to go visit his lover when suddenly, he hears a message notification from his phone.

Moving his gaze away from the deck of cards his been shuffling, he looks at his phone on the table and saw a familiar name on the screen.

"Speak of an adorable devil~"

Kaito grabs his phone to read the message but was immediately alerted after doing so.

'Can you come over please?'

***

Kaito is currently standing in front of the Kudo Manor trying to call Shinichi's phone but to no avail, he wouldn't answer. He did tried texting back and knowing that he still reads them shows that his fine in a way that's not life threatening. Still, Kaito is still worried.

"Did something happened?"

Not wasting another second, he went inside and straight to Shinichi's room to find a trail of the detective's clothes leading from the staircase to the hallway of his room.

Anyone will think that something is going on in that room right now, but Kaito knows his Metantei too well. He's more worried for the real reason why he may or may not be naked inside his room and asking him to come over.

Being extra careful, he finally knock on the door and softly called out his lover's name.

"Shinichi? I'm here now so can I come in? Or do you need more time before you want me inside?" Kaito said being careful with his words. This is really out of character for him knowing how he usually behaves but he really change after falling for Shinichi. Or we can say that he's only like this towards the detective.

After a few seconds went by, Kaito hears the door slowly creaked opened to reveal his lover standing before him.

Kaito's eyes soften when he sees the familiar appearance of his lover before him. Wrap in his white blanket, Shinichi is standing with a tousled hair, eyes slightly red from crying and those eyes that's calling for him.

Before another set of tears leave those azure eyes from the overwhelming feeling of seeing his lover for the first time in awhile, Kaito quickly move and carried him in his arms.

"Shh, I'm here now. I'm here so let's make you all better alright?" Kaito softly whispered while he sat down on Shinichi's bed with the detective still in his arms holding onto his shirt.

With his head nuzzling comfortably on his chest as he feels the familiar warmth of his magician lover, Shinichi finally settled down.

Kaito should've seen it coming when he hasn't seen his lover for a whole week. This is not the first time it happened after all. His lover having a mental breakdown and being at his most vulnerable moment. Kaito being the one and only exception to seeing him like this.

When he first saw this vulnerable side of his Metantei, he panicked to the point of wanting to call someone for help but as he finally know what Shinichi really wants, he stopped panicking whenever it happened.

Kaito rubbed his Lover's back and placed a soft kiss on his forehead, smiling softly when he sees the sleepy eyes of the detective slowly closing.

It's new for everyone who got used to Shinichi's personality who doesn't seem to fear anything but it's not always like that. As someone who doesn't seem to have any weakness in the eyes of the people around him is how vulnerable he could be behind close doors. Not wanting anyone to see him like this, someone who can actually get mentally tired and drain from dealing with everything and worrying about everyone before himself.

But after Kaito came into his life, he found his Home. A place where he could drop his mask and heal himself in his warmth arms that never fails to melt the cold misery he's trap in.

Before he finally goes to a peaceful slumber, he looked at Kaito and smiles softly.

"Thank you for always coming to the rescue."

Kaito returned the smile and leaned forward to give Shinichi a quick peck on the lips before replying back.

"Anything to make you feel better. And I know I'll get a reward tomorrow like last time so-"

"Yeah, yeah, we'll go to that sweet shop you've been "dying" to go." Shinichi said after a chuckled then nuzzle his head once more on Kaito's chest, letting sleep completely consume him.

"Seriously though, thanks for always being here..."

It came as a small mumble but Kaito clearly heard it which didn't fail to melt his heart seeing his Metantei's sleeping figure in his arms.

Adjusting his position, he finally laid Shinichi down on the bed and unwrapping the blanket to reveal him in only Kaito's button up shirt that's a little to big for his figure.

Kaito,grinned from ear to ear, joined his lover and laid down pulling him in his arms once more, letting sleep take him as well.

"You're amazing in every way but being vulnerable from time to time just proves that you're also a fragile gem and it's alright."