"I didn't smell any fudge," Parkinson commented with a shrug, and I nodded.

"Me neither," I said before all four of them shot me a confused look.

"Yeah, you didn't smell anything, remember?" Wren joked, nudging my side humorously as if she knew I was lying all along.

"Yeah, well, I'm just saying," I huffed, and, luckily, professor Slughorn began speaking right then.

"Perfect, now to today's task-" He began, the chattering in the room slowly coming to a stop as they directed their attention onto the professor in the front. "-The third and last vail here." He held a tiny bottle of liquid up in the air for the rest of us to see. "-What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen, is a cautious little potion known as Felix Felicis."

"Liquid Luck," Wren whispers, more to herself than anyone in particular, and I was beginning to wonder when she developed such an interest for potions.

Sure, she had always been rather good at it, though I never felt like it interested her much. This year seemed different.

"Which is more commonly referred to as-" Slughorn spoke, but was quickly interrupted by Hermione, the brunette finishing his sentence.

"-Liquid Luck," She exclaimed, and Slughorn nodded, pleased.

"Yes, miss Granger. Liquid Luck," He repeated. "Desperately tricky to make, disastrous should you get it wrong. One sip and you will find all of your endeavours succeed."

At that, Draco lifted his gaze, shifting in his seat as if something about that sentence in particular sparked his interest. I cocked an eyebrow.

"Something big planned?" I asked curiously, wondering what endeavours he needed to succeed.

"What are you talking about?" He grumbled, his attention on Slughorn as he babbled on about the potion.

I shrugged. "You just seemed interested in having 'all your endeavours succeed'" I said, mocking the way the professor had said it.

He shook his head, rolling his eyes annoyed. "I'm just interested in potions."

"Sure."

"So, this is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of Liquid Luck to the student who in the hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death. Recipes for which can be found on page ten of your books."

The sound of multiple books being opened, or taken out of bags was heard in the room as Slughorn continued his monologue. "I should mention, however, only one student who manages to brew a potion of sufficient quality will claim this prize." He smiled at the vail with the potion in. "Nevertheless, good luck to you all."

Students rushed to get the ingredient pictured on page ten, eager to win the Liquid Luck. Though, it didn't take long for them all to realise brewing draught of living death wasn't nearly as easy as they all thought.

I wasn't surprised when I felt myself give up at the first step. Cutting open that damn Sopophorus bean nearly resulted in multiple black eyes on my table alone; I didn't wanna know how the rest was doing.

By the end of the lesson, Wren was angrily mumbling to herself as her potion had just turned a fiery orange instead of the light lilac we were supposed to see.

Draco's hair was messy from the many times he had ruffled through it in utter frustration; he looked stressed, his robe tossed to the side somewhere; it helped him focus, he said. How his robe and his level of concentration were correlated, I didn't know.

And if Wren Inkwood, Draco Malfoy, and even Hermione Granger were struggling, I dared to say nobody in this room would be able to brew an acceptable potion today.