» 116 «

It was a different room this time.

The same general layout; the same empty walls and nightstands. Instead of the large bookshelf that filled the wall opposite of the bed, though, now there was nothing but a wooden door and a large mirror.

It made the room a considerable amount less cosy, though, having a bathroom was definitely a perk. They must've been planning on keeping me in here for a long time.

How considerate, seeing as they've already had me in here for a whole day without so much as fresh air.

The only time that door opened today was when one of the house-elves brought food. Though, they didn't even look me in the eyes. Probably out of fear someone would murder them if they were even remotely nice to me.

A sigh escaped my lips, turning on my back again as I stared at the ceiling.

It felt like my heart was still about to beat out of my chest. It never stopped beating as fast as it did after they brought me here.

I wondered if I'll ever calm down again. If I'll ever be able to sleep, at least rest, again.

Right at this moment, I wasn't quite sure.

Whenever I closed my eyes, I saw Voldemort's face. I saw his face so incredibly close to my own, that gruesome smile forming on his lips before he muttered the Cruciatus curse just like he had once before.

Surely that's what he wanted to do? It had to be.

My breath hitched, and I sat up straight at the sound of the door unlocking before it opened and closed again in a matter of seconds.

As if petrified, I didn't move, trying to make out who just walked into the room unannounced as I listened into the darkness for any kind of clue.

"Y/n?" His voice asked in a hushed whisper, awkwardly standing in the room for a moment before rushing towards the bed.

"Draco?" I whispered back; my question answered when he came close enough for me to make out his face. He turned on the light next to the bed, the sudden brightness making me flinch and squeeze my eyes shut.

"Oh, thank Merlin you're alright," He sighed in relief, sitting down on my bedside and taking my hand in his, appreciation in his eyes as if he hadn't seen me in days. "I didn't hear anything about you, and I didn't think it would've been smart to ask- and, I had no idea if they were doing anything to you- what they were doing," He rambled on, squeezing my hand tighter as his eyes shut forcefully.

"Hey, I'm okay," I murmured, giving him a small smile when his eyes opened again at my words. "Are you?"

He nodded quickly, shrugging his own well being off as if it didn't matter. I sighed.

"Thank you," He suddenly burst out, his eyes no longer on me as they roamed the now illuminated room. "Really."

I furrowed my brows at the words, and before I could say anything to it, he went on. "Seriously. That was quick thinking on your part yesterday. I probably owe you my life, you know."

I gave him a sad smile, tilting my head slightly.

"We're even, then," I simply shrugged, pulling him further into the bed.

A singular low laugh escaped his lips at my words before a cocky smirk formed on them.

"Oh, yeah," He remembered, nodding proudly to himself. "I forgot I'm, like, your knight in shining armour, aren't I?" He teased, his brows quirked as he slipped under the duvet next to me.