My bestest friend

(After the war is over, Tubbo takes his place as President. But their victory is short lived.)

(This wasn't written by me, go support AJ_06_ )

Trigger warning: minor injury to character, bombs, character death

♡♡♡♡

We won. The battle for L’manburg was over, and we got our land back. Wilbur is on the podium, about to start his speech. Everyone was smiling and happy. It finally felt okay. I wasn’t paying attention until I heard my name being called. 

“Tommy, I want you to be president," Wilbur said into the mic. I was shocked not expecting Wilbur to say those words. 

“Come on up, Tommy,” Wilbur said, I didn’t get up, this didn’t feel right, but Tubbo nudged me to get up. I walked up to the podium and met Wilbur at the top. He placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled “congratulations” 

I went up to the mic and spoke. I looked down at Tubbo who was smiling up at me, then something hit me. I wasn't supposed to be president, it just didn't feel right, “Well I wasn't expecting this, and uh I would love to be president but I can't,” I said looking among my friends and enemies. 

I looked down at Tubbo. "There's only one person who can be president” I stepped down from the mic and spoke “Tubbo come on up” everyone started to cheer, they were yelling Tubbo's name. Tubbo walked up to the podium and greeted me with a tight hug. “Tommy are you sure?” Tubbo said a little concerned 

“I’m sure Tubbo you’ll be great,” I said, giving Tubbo a small smile. He nodded and walked up to the microphone, as I walked back down to the crowd of people. Tubbo started his speech, everything was going good. After Tubbos speech everyone was celebrating, I noticed that Wilbur was gone and I started to get worried. “Where’s Wilbur,” I said so everyone could hear. 

Everyone started to look around, no one could find him, by this time Tubbo came down from the podium and was next to me holding onto my arm. “What’s happening Tom's?” Tubbo said, looking around, then at me. “I don’t know Tubbo,” I said nervously. 

As I was about to talk again, Dream walked up from the back of all the seats and stood in front of me. “Oh, Tommy there was a traitor” Dream said laughing. “What?” I said grabbing Tubbo and bringing us both back a step. 

“Wilbur, it’s Wilbur” Dream said I cringed at the thought of Wilbur being the traitor. “You're lying!” I yelled gripping onto Tubbo. “See for yourself,” Dream said running off. I looked down at Tubbo with a confused but terrified look. 

Then all of a sudden the sound of TNT lighting could be heard. “Tubbo run!” I yelled and Tubbo and I started to run from the explosions that started behind us. The explosions were too quick. I turned around to see Tubbo coughing from the dust and when I tried to get to him, tnt went off between us sending us both the opposite ways from each other.

I landed on the grass on the other side of the fence. Hitting my head on the ground which was now throbbing. I sit up quickly realizing what just happened. I then realized I didn’t know where Tubbo was. 

“TUBBO!” I started to scream, sobs coming out of my mouth at the same time. I jumped over the fence and onto the broken ground. I started to yell again “TUBBO!”

I then heard a small voice say “Tommy...” I immediately knew it was Tubbo but I couldn’t see him. But then I saw two hands holding onto the edge of the broken ground that was left. “Tubbo!” I yelled running over to the edge of the ground. 

“Hey hey big man I’ve got you,” I said in a broken cry to Tubbo who was hanging over a huge drop. I grabbed Tubbo’s arms and held on tight, I felt the sweat and blood on Tubbo's arm which made it hard to hold onto him. “Please don’t let go Tommy..”  Tubbo said tears streaming down his face. 

I held on tight as much as I could but he just kept slipping. I didn’t have the strength to pull him up, what I didn’t know was my back was bleeding and the loss of blood was affecting me. Tubbo’s facial expression changed from a scared boy to being at peace. He opened his eyes and admired Tommy’s face before saying. 

“It’s okay Tommy it’s time for you to let go”

I almost lost it, I couldn’t- I can’t lose Tubbo, he was the only one who was keeping me here. “No, no Tubbo I’m not letting go,” I said trying to pull Tubbo up but failing and losing more grip on Tubbo. 

Now I was only holding Tubbo up by his hands. “It’s okay Tommy...it’s okay,” Tubbo said Tubbo looked down for a second then back up at Tommy.

“I love you, Tommy, you're my bestest friend,” he said then smiled. 

“Tubbo…” I said tears constantly rolling down my cheeks. “I love you too big man,” I said. Tubbo closed his eyes and nodded. He opened his eyes and stared directly into mine. “Goodbye big man,” Tubbo said and at that moment Tubbo ripped his hands away from Tommy’s and fell to his death. 

All you could hear was the screams from Tommy as he watched his friend die. 

As I got up from the ground trying to find a way down to Tubbo I looked under some broken ground to see Philza standing there, looking at me. I was about to start yelling until I saw Wilbur's body dead on the ground. 

I started to get emotional again I looked around and found a safe way down to Tubbo. I quickly got to the path of broken rocks down. I ran down too fast and I fell hurting my back, I cried out in pain.

But I got up and made my way over to Tubbo's body. I put Tubbo in my lap, I moved the hair out of Tubbos face and rocked him back and forth. “It’s okay Tubbo I got you, you're safe..” as I said those words I started to sob. I started to sing a familiar tune. 

“I heard they was a special place…” I started to get choked up 

“Where men could go and emancipate...the brutality and the tyranny of their rulers.” I pulled Tubbos body close to my chest 

“Well this place is real you needn't fret...with Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo…” I kissed Tubbos forehead softly. 

“It’s a very big and not blown up L’manburg” I looked around at the ruins L’manburg was in.

I started to rock back and forth again humming the rest of the tune. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Hello my loves!

I have two things to say! Actually three.

First, thank you AJ for another wonderful chapter. Please show them some love!

Second, I want to thank you all for being so kind on my late night talk! I loved reading all of your guys comments!

Third, I'll be uploading a second chapter today! It'll be an anxiety comfort. It should be out later tonight!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day and I'll see you soon!

-Lexi<3