Chapter 4

Trinstan's POV

"What's up Hunter?" I hear someone from behind. Motherfucker.

"Hey, Simon," I said greeting the nastiest asshole of the neighborhood. I didn't want him to find me. At least not now. I still didn't manage to gather the money I owe him.

"So, are you gonna pay me pretty boy?" he asked as he put the cigarette to his mouth and clicked his lighter on. He eyed me with the deadliest glare and blew off the smoke.

"I have been more than generous with you Hunter. giving you time after your mother's death," he said and my fists curled up into balls on their own at the mention of my mother. "I am running out of patience here."

"I am working on it, Cruise. I dropped out in my last year of high school so getting a job ain't that easy. Give me some more time please." I said.

He observed me as took another drag. his mouth curled up into an evil smirk as he advanced towards me.

"Say what Hunter, I have an amazing job for you," he said. I raised an eyebrow. Simon Cruise offering me a job?

"I'm not killing anybody," I said. He laughed and shook his head.

"Jesus relax man. It is far easier than that."

"You just have to work your pretty boy charm. Befriend a certain girl then break her heart at my expense," he said air quoting the word befriend.

"Are you high bro? The fuck are you even talking about." I said frowning.

"I'm not kidding. This chick is a fucking bitch. She brainwashed my girlfriend into leaving. Yeah, I fucked that Val chick in the party but she means nothing just a quick fuck but Lenny was my girl. My girl. No one takes what's mine." he said.

If she was your girl why did you cheat on her? I wanted to say but I didn't. "Whatever man. I'm not doing that. I don't wanna get involved in this shit." I said.

"You are refusing me, Hunter," he said. His eyes blazed with anger. "You don't cross with me, Hunter. I'm here giving you a golden opportunity of clearing off the whole debt. Who do you think you are refusing it?" he said shoving me. Simon was way shorter and weaker than I was but I let him have his moment because I owe him a shit ton of bucks.

"The entire debt?"

"Oh yes. Just work your magic around Miss Pride and Prejudice. She is gonna be a challenge being all high and mighty but you are what these high school girls desire. With a sprinkle of your charm, she will be wrapped around your finger, and then I will destroy it in front of her entire school. Girls at this age care a lot about these kinds of stuff."

This is bizarre. I hated myself for even considering his offer. The task was easy and I would instantly have this burden off of my shoulders. Hell, I can even get out of this town.

"Well, well speak of the devil," he said motioning behind me. I turned around and the breath was knocked out of my lungs. Estrella! What has she got to do with Simon?

"Remember pretty boy I'm giving you a great deal. I have guys on standby who can do this task very easily," he said and my blood boiled. Heck no! The guys involved with Simon are pieces of shit. I can't let them get near her.

"I'll do it," I said cursing under my breath.

Simon smirked. "Fuck yeah you will. Riley West, prepare to be destroyed."

Riley's POV

My battle with the nightmares wasn't changing at all. I had very little sleep every night and I grew tired too easily. I tried to combat that with coffee but for how long. On top of that, I now practice self-defense. Did you know Ryland knew kickboxing? I didn't either and imagine my surprise when comes along to be a part of my new daily routine of combat. I was now more tired by the end of the day but thankfully I didn't have to cook or clean. Perks of being adopted by a rich family they have a staff to do literally everything. Ryland and Leslie had worked pretty hard for these facilities. They spoil the twins and me to death but also, they remind the twins to always be grateful for everything in life. I had spent most of my life in an orphanage and I knew the value of such amenities more than anyone.