Chapter 22

Jo's POV:

It felt like time stopped in that moment, well I mean it already has because we're in Neverland but you know what I mean.  

My eyes drifted closed as Peter put one hand on the back of my head, and the other on my waist.  I'm not one to believe in sparks, but I felt something there with Pan that I didn't with John and I hated to admit that to myself.

It started to get a little more heated until we heard the flap of the tent open.  We pulled apart to see Wendy staring at us angrily.

"Peter, you love me.  You told me you loved me!" she shouted.

"I never said that love," responded Peter in a sweet voice I have never heard him use before.  It sounded fake.

"See, he loves me," spat Wendy, directing it at me this time.  Her hair was crazy and she was overed in dirt and grime.  Her once white dress was now grey with stains.

"You are not allowed to like him you bitch, Peter is mine!" she shouted as she took a step forward. I stood there frozen, completely frazzled.  I don't want to hurt Wendy unless I have to.  Hopefully it won't come to that.

The crazy girl took another step forward.  "He will never love you.  He loves me.  He told me so when I tasted his-"

"I don't want to know!  I have virgin ears!" I shouted, covering my ears.  In all honesty, I knew exactly what she was insinuating I just really didn't want to know what they did together.  I would rather think about what we might do together.

"I never said I loved you," said Peter to Wendy.  He stepped in front of me in a protecting manner.

She looked surprised for a second before anger took over her features.  She went and grabbed one of the swords in the corner and pointed it at me.

"If I can't have him, neither can you," she muttered angrily before running towards us.  Peter went to rickashay her attack with his daggers, but she moved out of the way, sidestepping the attack and coming towards me.

I ran out of the tent to the clearing where there was more space.  I ran past a lost boy and pulled a sword from his belt in the process.  I turned just in time to see the sword swinging down on me.  I jumped to the side and aimed a blow at Wendy's stomach.  She pulled her sword back up in enough time to block my attack.

I used my free arm to send a blow at her, using my magic.  

She went flying through the air to the other side of clearing.  I heard the boys cheer around me.

"Sorry, she got away from me when I brought her to the clearing," said one of the boys to Peter.

"Are you ok Jo?" asked John as he pushed through the crowd of boys to get to me.

"Yes, I'm fine-"

"Jo!" shouted a voice.

I turned in just enough time to see an arrow coming straight at me.  John pushed me aside and I fell on the ground.  

I looked up to see the arrow floating right in front of John's outstretched hands.  He really did have magic...

John's POV:

I saw the arrow going towards Jo and I knew I needed to blow my cover to save her.  I pushed her aside and used my magic to stop the arrow coming now at me.  Wendy has gone insane.  I knew I could finally save a girl I loved, though.  For once.  

*Flashback*

"I wish I could protect the ones I love" I said while crying.  I flipped my only penny into the well under the old willow tree.  My mother always said that magic was real, and whenever you wished on a coin and flung it into the well, it would come true.

Well when I wished everyday since my mom died that she would come back, it never happened.  I could not wrap my 10 year old mind around the fact that she was actually gone.

Today was different.

Today my first love, was taken by a flying boy.  

I couldn't protect her.

I loved Wendy.

"Don't cry, John," said a voice.

I raised my head to see a blonde woman in a glitter-covered blue dress and she was holding what looked like a wand.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am your fairy godmother, silly."

I just stared at her in shock.

She put her hands on her hips.  "Do you want to protect the ones you love?" she asked.

"Yes! Of course!  That's all I've ever wanted..."

"Well then here," she said while conjuring up a little bottle with a glowing purple liquid.  "If you drink this, you will have the magic to protect the ones you love."

*End of Flashback*

I stared at the arrow in front of me and the anger I have been bottling up since that day came back.  The arrow began to glow red and I redirected it at my target.  

"I've always hated you," I shouted as I sent it towards the target.

Peter stood there confused at the arrow flying towards his chest.  I knew he wouldn't react in time.

My smile was wiped off my face as I saw Jo yelled "No!" and jumped in front of the arrow.  

She fell to the ground.

And I fell to my knees and started to cry.

-----/-/-/////////////--/-/--//-----------/-/-/

Poor John...

I hope you guys like the update! I'm updating early because school was cancelled today because of the Blizzard in my area.

Hey, if y'all can, please check out my friend, username KristinaMaclure, story.  it's called "A Pirate Stole My Heart".  No it doesn't have to do with Colin O'Donohue but it's still really good.

PLEASE LIKE AND COMMENT!

From your snowed-in friend,

Anna