Chapter 9

The shipped sailed on, the ocean air blowing my hair in every which way. I was sitting there questioning what the Native Americans had in store for me when May sat down beside me.

"So, Peter is Peter Pan? How ironic," she said.

"I know, he kind of kidnapped me too."

"So the police story is halfway correct," she said laughing.

"I guess, but now I'm questioning what we're going to find with the Indians."

"Well, I guess you're going to find out because we're almost there," said a voice behind us, Hook.

In front of the ship was a massive cliff, and at the top I could vaguely see an outline of what looked to be tents. There was also smoke flowing up from what must be a campfire.

"So... How are we getting up there?" I asked. I mean, I was decent at rock wall climbing in middle-school but that was three years before now. My skills would be rusty.

"Well, we can trek from the bottom off the cliff to the top," said May, pointing to a beach a farther bit down.

"Hiking it is!" I replied back.

After we threw the anchor in the water and rowed our way to land, we started hiking up the hill, but the sky was now getting dark.

"We'll stop here, I'll take first watch," said Hook.

We started a campfire and May and I slowly started drifting into sleep.

I woke up to a slight shaking and saw Hook peering down at me.

"It is now your watch. Try to stay awake," he said. I nodded my head, stood up, and stretched.

I started moving around a bit to wake myself up when I heard rustling in the bushes to my left. I turned with my dagger extended to see none other than Peter.

"What do you want ex-king?" I asked, trying to keep my voice level even though I knew Pan was a dangerous person to mess with.

"Oh, here now. You just keep pretending that you're 'rightful ruler' when in reality we both know that that isn't correct'"

"Well, funny story, I am. I have the dagger, no shadow, and I fit the whole prophecy and everything so ya, I'm here and I'm not going to leave until your tyranny is over."

He looked at me smugly. "I'm just not going to let that happen," he said while taking a step towards me and unsheathing his dagger.

That was when things got interesting.

He thrust his dagger towards me but I spun to the right before extending my arm to strike him. He parried my attack and we were struggling with our knives that are pushing against each other. Then I heard a clank, and Pan was on the ground, unconscious. I looked up to see an old Indian woman with her hair in one long braid down her back. She had a wooden staff in her hand.

"That was easy," she said smirking.

I sheathed my dagger before saying "Thanks for that. He can fight well."

"Yes, men fight great, but women are great fighters," she said back. Light was just coming up over the tree tops and May started to stir.

"So, what's for breakfast... Oh, hello strange lady in our campsite," May said looking slightly confused by the old woman standing before us.

"Hello dear. You all must be hungry, let us go back to my village for breakfast," the old woman responded.

I shook Hook and said "Hey a nice old Indian woman is going to give us breakfast. Not sketchy at all." before turning away and noticed the unconscious body of Peter was no longer there. I looked at the old woman and she just shrugged before turning away and walking up the mountain.

We three followed her for a solid 10 minutes before reaching the camp. Many people turned to stare at us as we walked further into the center of the camp.

"Everybody, this is Antinanco. She is the one to bring peace and happiness to Neverland."

I looked at Hook and raised my eyebrows. "Antinanco?"

He shrugged before looking back on the woman. She turned towards us and said "You must be here to learn about the prophecy. Follow me." We all started to follow before she pointed towards me and said "Just her."

May looked at me skeptically before turning around and walking back towards the camp with Hook.

"I never learned your name?" I asked.

"I am called Tigerlily."

"Of course it is. May I ask where we are going?"

"To the caves."

"Of course..."

We walked on before coming towards a large cave with an opening taller than a one-story house. We walked into the dark cave until we could barely see. Tigerlily suddenly rammed her staff into the ground which resulted in the top of her staff starting to glow. I looked in awe at the surrounding cave walls.

There were strange symbols on the walls with strange drawings. The one that suck out the most was a figure in red towering over the others while everyone else were happy and content-looking.

"That is you," said Tigerlily.

"Ok," I said before turning around to face her. "What do you need to tell me about the prophecy? What is this whole thing about natural fighters?"

"I will answer that soon. But first we must talk about what Pan is to you."

"And what is Pan to me?"

"Peter Pan is your soul mate."

---//-/-//-/-///////////-------/-/-/-//-/-/////////////-----------//-/-//-/-/-/-/-/

Cliff- Hanger!

Sorry for not updating! Fourth Quarter is always the hardest. Once school ends, I'll try to be on more.

Please vote and comment for more!

From your fan-girling friend,

Anna