Chapter 7

I know that that letter will take a while to be sent to May, and a lot longer for May to get back to me so I needed something else to do... 

As I thought back to the Peter Pan stories, I realized that there has always been mermaids involved... Mermaids! That's it!

"Hook, are mermaids in the water?"

"What do you mean?" Hook responded.

"I mean, are their certain places they hang out or..." I trailed off.

"They have a lagoon on the North side of the island if that's what you mean."

"That's exactly what I mean. Can we go there?" I ask hopefully. I remember mermaids being somewhat evil but c'mon, they're mermaids.

"It's a risky situation. They might try to pull some of my men overboard."

"Fine, then let's get there and then we can put the men below deck and keep them down there until I finish talking to them."

"Talking to the mermaids is a death trap!" he responded. The look on his face was one of true terror.

"Yes but mermaids only attract people who are attracted to females, and I don't role that way so I'm good." He looked at me confused. I don't think he truly understood the whole 'role that way comment' but him and his crew were stuck in time so I guess they haven't met anybody of that circumstance.

He looked at me suspiciously before calling out to him men. "You heard the lady, let us sale to Mermaid Lagoon!"

"The creativeness of that title thrills me," I muttered sarcastically. 

---------------------------------------------

We finally made it to the lagoon after four strenuous hours on the boat. I shuffled all the men under the deck and into their cabin. Hook stayed up with me because he said "I still don't trust anyone alone on my ship." The man has separation issues.

I walked to the side of the deck and saw many blurry colors swimming around underneath the ship. I guess we have the mermaids' attention. I walked back to the center of the deck.

"Alright mermaids, I know you can hear me. I am here because I am the rightful ruler of Neverland. I am here to take down Peter Pan's horrible tyranny and establish peace throughout the land!" I shouted. Honestly, I liked my little speech but who knows, mermaids aren't known for their kind nature.

"Why don't you come down and let us talk face to face!" said a sing-song voice. One that caused Hook to get a glazed look over his eyes.

"Yes, let us!" he responded happily before walking towards the plank.

This caused me to rush towards him and drag him back the the mast in the center of the ship through much protesting from him.

He took out his sword and said "I want to see the mermaids."

I looked at him and knew what I was about to do was going to hurt him more than it would hurt me. I grabbed the rope near the mast tied it into a noose and put that in my left hand and my new dagger in my right.

Then started the fight.

Hook tried to land a blow on me but I parried it before throwing the noose over his head and body and pulling it tight. I then hit the sword out of his hand before kicking it away.

"Jo I need to see the mermaids," he said to me in such a said voice.

"No, I need to see them. You can stay here and think about what you've done." I tied him to the mast in the center and prayed he was to love-struck to get out.

I went into the row boat and lowered myself down the side of the ship. With that, I rowed myself to a section of rocks farther way. I was aware of the little bumps that were causing my boat to be unsteady. The mermaids were playing games.

I tied the boat to the rock and climbed on top if it. This rock was the size of a truck and I stood in the middle to feel a bit safer with the dark water lapping on the edges.

"I know you're there so come out!" I shouted out into the water surrounding me.

"Wow, you're pretty young to be the 'Queen'" said a soothing voice behind me. I turned around to see a girl with dark purple hair, pale skin and glowing red eyes starring at me. Just behind her, I could see a tail moving just below the water.

"I'll take that as a compliment, but let's talk about something else for a second. I'm here because Peter has ruled this land, and by the looks of it, it hasn't been a good tyranny. Neverland was in internal darkness, and he tortured people for pleasure. I am the rightful ruler of Neverland and I need your help," I said, hoping I sounded more confident than I felt because I could see more girls swimming up to the edge of the rock. Not enough to fight off and win that's for sure.

"Why would we help you?" one of the other girls asked. She had practically white hair, but had the same glowing red eyes as the other mermaid before her.

"Well, I'm nicer than Peter, that's a fact. Also, what do you want?" I asked. I can't give a lot, but I can give something.

"Why don't you give us a body and we'll help," said the purple-haired girl. Many of the other mermaids murmured in agreement.

"Or you could show us how you did your hair!" shouted a younger girl, she looked about the age of 10 and had the blondest hair I've ever seen.

The other mermaids looked at her for a moment before looking back at me. The seemed to be examining my hair. Earlier that day, I did a French-twist braid around my head and down the side of my shoulder.

I questioned why one would even care about my hair until I realized, upon looking at the other girls, that they all had straight hair with no style.

It was quite weird, I mean, mermaids are supposed to know everything about hair. I mean what else do they do in their free time?  You know, besides stealing bodies of men.

"Well ladies, I think we can come to an agreement," I said with a smile.

/-/////////////-------------/--//-/-/-/-/--------/-/--

Sorry I haven't posted lately. I'll try to post a lot more.

Thanks for the votes, please vote and comment if you want more!

From,
Anna