Chapter 15

Jo's POV:

I knew I wouldn't leave.  I would never hurt the people I love because of my own selfish decisions.  Peter knows me well enough to know I won't fly away, but he keeps holding my hand, a comfort I never knew I liked.

As we flew higher to, as ironic as it is, the 2nd star to the right, I took the opportunity to analyze Pan.  As I glanced over at him, I realized he was already looking at me.  He must have noticed because he turned his head back forward.  He looked the same, but his hair was longer than it was before.  Then I remember that he got his powers back somehow.  How?

"Who helped you?" I asked.  It wasn't Felix, I knew that much.  He was stuck on the island without weapons and I was 98% sure he didn't have magic, so he couldn't have done it.  There was no one for Peter.

"I have a friend who helps me when I need it..." he said trailing off.

Who does Peter Pan always have by his side?

And then it dawned on me.  Why I thought I saw a firefly in the middle of the day.

"Oh my god, Tinkerbell exists, doesn't she?" I asked, more asking myself than Peter.

"Right you are."

I spent the rest of what I felt like an hour long trip to Neverland to create a plan.  Clearly, Tinkerbell is going to be a pain.  If I get rid of Tinkerbell, then take Peter's powers, that would work.  What does Peter want me to do?  Oh right, he wants me to give up my powers and whatever power I hold over Neverland.  How, exactly, I have no idea.  Plus, I am not giving up my powers, ever.

Eventually, we make it back to Neverland, and I realized it was night.

We land in the middle of a clearing and before I knew it, I was surrounded by moving figures dancing around Peter and me.

Peter took out and started playing the flute, the sound mesmerizing me.

I slowly started rocking from side to side with the beat, not knowing what was happening to me.  When the music stopped, I started to blink rapidly and looked around me.  Peter stood there grinning at me.

"So you are a lost a girl.  That's surprising.  You don't seem lost." he said.

"I am not lost," I stated as a fact.

"Love, only the lost can hear my songs. And this says otherwise." He then pulled out my journal from his pocket.  "This had somethings written in it that makes you seem more lost than me."  The tone he was using I couldn't decipher.  

I looked down at my feet.  That journal had a lot of passages about my depression.  It hadn't been a problem since a year before Peter took me, but before that it is filled with dark poems and suicide letters: things I regret now that I'm happy again.

I looked up suddenly and lunged towards him.  He took a step sideways a second too late.  I managed to burn the journal with my hands, and all of my depression with it.  

"No one was supposed to read that.  Especially not you!"  I didn't want Peter to see me as weak or incompetent.  

"You're still lost, whether you like to admit it or not," muttered Peter.

I decided to just ignore his comment and look around at the boys surrounding us.

"Oh, you must have noticed my boys.  Yes, I've been busy today looking for new recruits.  You're world is crawling with lost children."

That's never a good thing to hear.

Peter grinned before putting the flute back to his lips and started playing a different tune. The music started to affect me again and I swayed with the music.  I had no control of my body and the next thing I knew, I grabbed one of the lost boy's hands and we started dancing. Within seconds of us starting to dance, Peter stopped playing and looked at us angrily.  

"Jo, go the tent now.  I'll meet you in there in a minute."

I crossed my arms and stood my ground.  Me listening to Pan is not something I will do willingly.  I stared him down until he said "I can hurt your family and friends right now.  Listen to my instructions."

"That bargaining chip will only work for so long," I muttered before walking in the direction of Pan's tent.

Pan's tent was more like the size of pickup truck.  I could stand in it and there was a large bed on one side, and weapons stacked near the opposite corner.  It was definitely a step up from his last tent.  I was about to go take a look through the weapons when I felt something land on my shoulder.  I looked to the left to see a little figure.  She had blonde hair and was dressed in all green.  It didn't take a genius to know that it was Tinkerbell.  

"Well hello Tinkerbell.  Way to ruin my life," I said.  She gave me a satisfied nod before flying and landing on Peter's bed.  I was about to go over there and show her a piece of my mind when Peter walked in.  

"You need to give up your powers, and give up your reign on the island." Peter said to me.

"Yes because you did so well taking care of this island.  Why do you care if I have control?  I seriously don't care what you do as long as you stop kidnapping people," I retorted.  It was true.  I have no problem with Pan.  He is boy who has some mental issues that need to be worked out, but besides that he isn't a problem.  

"You see, I want to stay young forever, and you aren't allowing me to do that." said Peter slightly frustrated.  

"How am I doing that?" I asked.

"Because you exist."

--------//////-//-/--//////////--------/-/

I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever. Life has been long.

I hope you like this chapter!

Please like and comment!

From your friend,

Anna