"Taehyung! Why are you crying?" I asked him and pulled him away from me so that I could see his face, but he hugged me tighter almost crushing my rib bones.

"Don't go, Jungkook," he whispered into my chest and I bit my lower lip, "I am sorry. I didn't mean to say any of it."

"Taehyung, you don't have to apologize to me. Like I told you whatever you said was true and—"

"It wasn't!" he cried out and hugged me tighter, "It wasn't true at all. I was pissed when I said all of that. I didn't want to remind you of that day, but I did. I am sorry that I hurt you. I am so sorry, Kookie!"

Kookie? That name...I could feel my heart tighten when that name kept echoing in my head. I hugged him back and softly patted his head.

"We were both at fault, Tae," I whispered to him and he stopped crying. I smiled and buried my nose in his hair, "I shouldn't have said that to your face because you were right. I still believed you loved me deep inside and said all of that to make you feel sad and broken just like how you did to me seven years back. I wanted you to feel the pain I felt before, but it broke my heart when I did that. I am sorry for that. I forgive you for saying all that, but I can't forgive you for what you did seven years back."

I heard him suck his breath and I sighed into his hair, "You broke my heart that time, Taehyung and I still can't get over the pain. That time when I was suffering, the only person who could comfort me was you, Tae. But you weren't there for me, so I took in all the pain by myself. Getting engaged to Leishi was another thing. The plan I had been working hard on, it failed.

"A part of me missed you and waited for you to take me away from the pain and heal me back to who I was before, but you never came. I wanted to forget you. I wanted to bury you away, but it was still impossible. But now, I know the reality. I am going to get married soon and you have a boyfriend. But can I ask you this?"

I pulled away from the hug and placed both my hands on his shoulder and smiled at him, "Can we be friends? Like how we used to be before we fell in love? I want to ignore you badly, but I can't because a part of me wants you to stay by my side. We can't be lovers, but can we at least be friends?"

His eyes widened when I said that and I saw him gulp. What is he going to say? He nodded and I smiled. So now we are—

Suddenly he pushed me away and pointed his index finger at my surprised face.

"Listen here, you chicken head!" he yelled and I nodded, "I don't love you, but I like you, okay? So what I meant that time at the office is that I don't want us to date, but I like you as a friend and not as a lover. And that day when I broke your heart or whatever, forget that day, okay? That day should be buried deep inside and should be forgotten forever. We are now friends and not lovers. You got that? We can be f**k buddies if you want—NOPE! NOT THAT AT ALL! We will be friends and nothing more than that or nothing else, okay? And also—"

I smiled as he kept ranting the same thing on and on. Does he even know what is he even blabbering about? It was sort of hilarious to watch him getting flustered and annoyed. So...that means...we are friends!

"Okay, I get it. Now can you—"

"No! I am not done yet!" he cut through my words and I sighed. He went on again and it was kind of pissing me off. I am hungry and the food will probably get cold if he continues. So I did the most unexpected thing. 

I grabbed his waist with my left arm and pulled him towards me before smashing my lips onto his to shut him up. The kiss lasted only for a second and I pulled away to look at his surprised look.

"That is the kiss of forgiveness," I said and he was still surprised. I chuckled and leaned towards his ear and whispered, "This will be the kiss of friendship."