No choice

After Aleigh flashbacked to the past, he felt the heat coming from the battlefield. The enemies were closing in and the defense and offense squad were preparing for their final battle and possibly their final breath. Others tried to keep calm but the anxiety and the adrenaline filled their mind with anger making them risk their lives to protect the remains of the city. The urge of attacking the enemy even if the leaders or the commanding officers of each squad aren't ordering the attack rushed through the bloodstreams of each troop. Kyle, knowing that they want to avenge the city and the death of fellow city folks, told everyone to control their inner elemental power. 

"If we gather enough energy to make them retreat, we might make them flee in no time.", he said. 

"Even if we add the remaining survivors' energy and ours, it will only wipe out 90% of the surrounding enemies. Who knows if they still have a back-up plan?", exclaimed Aleigh 

"It never hurts to try.", Kyle answered as he tries to gather his remaining energy. 

As he was gathering all of his powers to one spell, a young man from before approached him and lent him the stones from Aleigh's bag. Kyle grabbed the stones and puts it into his other hand. He pats the young man's head and said "I got this" as the young man runs back to safety. Kyle turns to the danger again and opened his hand with the stones in it. He doesn't know how did he summon the guidance of the wind guardian before, but he tried to gather the energy by calming down and feel the flow of the energy through his body to his power source. This was taught to him by the leader of the wielder of the winds from the ceremony that he attended. As soon as he felt the power surging, his eyes turned to a mix of emerald and white color. Powerful winds began to surround him and unlike before, the winds were mixed with violet colored electric currents that came with dust and ashes. Everyone around him noticed this and tried to back away from him. 

"Kyle!", Aleigh shouted, "Are you sure about this? This will eventually drain everything from your energy source and you may not recover even if the greatest healers from this world gather round to heal you!", he added 

Kyle replied with silence and his heart began to glow. The squads saw this and copied him. Since they have different kinds of elements in their sources, they tried to gather it and mix it with the others elemental powers. Some combined it with their weapons such as spears, bow and arrows, and guns. Mages present in each of the squad also did this by making a deadly combo with their fellow mages in the squad. The commanding officers ordered each of the squad to gather their energy to wipe this waves of enemies out. Aleigh ran back to his stuff and made a quick strength potion. With the right ingredients found in the shelter and in his inventory, he made 5 throwable potions that can affect everyone who is in the area of explosion. He put it into a sludge and the sludge itself absorbed the strength substance. Aleigh figured that if thrown up high, the sludge will attach itself onto the person near the where it lands. If the potion breaks into pieces, the sludge will also separate from each other and attach itself to the person near it. Since Aleigh did some experiments before, he was sure that this will make their strength 2x better. Aleigh ran back to the battlefield and found out that the enemies were close enough to launch the attack. He also saw Kyle standing with the wind gem in his left hand, and the ektro gem in his right. Aleigh puts a sample of the strength potion in a tube and throws it to Kyle. The winds that were mixed with electro stopped the tube from hitting Kyle at the face. It turns out that Kyle already summoned a wind barrier surrounding him and stopping everything that approaches him. He can still perform spells and tricks outside his wind barrier, but anyone who gets near him will be pushed away. With the combination of control from his power source and his mind, he can easily determine who is the ally and who is the enemy.  From his vision, bright colored elemental people defines his allies and dark colored elementals that has surging power in them defines where the enemies are. The tube that was thrown to Kyle has a mix of bright and dark colored elementals, yet he still broke it making him stronger. The enemies' presence drew closer and there started the war.