The Caller

I snapped out of it. my heart stared to slow as I picked up m my phone I read the caller ID. It was Vergil. The man was keeping tabs on me despite the fact that I had only been gone a couple of hours. I answered the phone.

"Im fine, Vergil." I breathed into the phone. I heard a sigh on the other end, and a very annoyed voice in the back round.

"Vergil, leave her alone. She will be fine." Mara said.

Cassi's voice replaced Mara's, "Yes, Vergil. Leave her alone." 

Vergil's, deep, and concerned voice came over the phone, "Are you sure you're okay, Brook?" He breathed in, " I'm worried about you." He said. Before I could speak, Ray snatched the phone out of my hand, putting it to his ear.

"Vergil." A pause, "Yeah, she's fine. Don't worry. I wont let anything happen, else Leon would kill me." He chuckled, "Try me Vergil." Another bout of laughter, "Yes, we will be careful. Tell Leon I said 'Hi!'"

He clicked the phone shut, and handed it back to me. He kissed his wrist, and watched it heal. He started the car again and drove off.

O.O.O.O

"Where are we?" I wasn't in Wisconsin anymore. And I sure didnt know where I had ended up. I looked at Ray, who in the setting sun, looked stunning.

He turned his unusual green eyes on me, "We are in Kentucky." he stated, "Nere my home."

My jaw dropped, "How did we even get here so fast?" He chuckled.

"I drove 20 miles over the speed limit the entire time, and I have my ways." He winked as we pulled into a long driveway. He got out and opened my door for me. I got out and looked at the home that stood infront of me. It was a huge white Victorian. The porch wrapped all the way around it.

Ray patted my head, "Welcome to your new home." I turned to him.

"New home? What about Leon and the others?" 

"They are on their way. But they had to take care of your trail... And I was the only one up for the job to take you here." He put his hand on my shoulder and guided me in. 

"Why?" I asked Ray. 

He grabbed both my shoulders and turned me towards him, "Because I'm an asshole, and can say no to you. If Leon would have taken you, and you would have wanted to go back, he would have taken you."

I shook his hands off of me, and Looked around, "When will Leon be here?"

"In a few days. Your trail, is a strong one." He said, and smiled devilishly, "So you're stuck with me."

He grabbed me, with inhuman strength, and threw me over his shoulder, taking me back out the door, "And we are gonna have fun." he said

"What?! No! Put me down!" I yelled in frustration.

"Okay." He said, and dropped me. I remember a splash.

The asshole dropped me in a pool. But I looked around, and I wasn't in a pool. But the world had changed color, a bloody color. I saw Ray walking up to  me, smiling.

"Where are we?" I asked. He helped me up.

He looked at me, "Welcome to Limbo. The demon relm."

"Why are we here?"

He drew a sword and smiled wickedly, "Your training." And then, Ray lunged, right for me.

But I dont have a weapon... But as he lunged, I felt a pain im my hand. It burned. And a sword appeared in my hand. I held it up and blocked Ray, falling backwards.

I looked at him, "Where the hell did this come from?"