The Song

"You- you are my parents?" I studdered. Staring at them.

Vergil, obviously very happy with seeing me, spoke softly, "Easy, darling. Maybe you should lay down?"

Leons hands landed softly on my shoulders, "Yes, Brook. Go lay down... I can sing to you." He turned me towards the shack. I layed on the couch, but Leon picked m me up and brought me to the room I had changed in.

He put me in a bed, and covered me up, and he sang. His voice like silk, " Et ego te servabo. Nihil noceat. Custodiet et amor semper."

He repeated the phrases many times, and slowly, I drifted to sleep.

I woke up to the beating of Leons heart, and my mouth intensely dry. I heard a ruckus in the living room, and sloly got up to see what it was. And when I walked out, I laughed so hard I could have peed.

Vergil, on of the most muscled men I had ever seen, was on the floor... with Cassi on his back, sitting on him.

"GIVE THEM BACK, YOU BIG BRUTE!" Cassi shouted playfully.

"NO!" His voice bounced of the walls. He turned over and shoved something down his pants. He smirked.

"Why is it always my socks!?" She laughed. She looked at me, "Help me."

I walked over, and bent down, smiling,  and I pushed my finger into his side. Suprisingly, my father jumped.

Cassi laughed triumphantly, "Thats the key!" She tickeld the big man until he gave in.

                          ...

My stomach hurt. I held it and listened to it grumble. I got up, and looked into the frige, "Hmm."

I pulled out a hot dog, taking a bite... I instantly regreted it. I spit it out, and gagged. My stomach tisted in knots.

Leon came running in, "Brook!" He sat me down as I gasped air. "What did you eat?"

Inpointed to the hot dog as Cassi and Vergil ran in, "She tried to eat human food." Leon explained.

"You cant do that, dear." Vergil spoke. He bent down, "You need blood."

"Here." Leon held up a wrist.

I was about to bite, as a knock landed on the door.