A Rescue

I opened my eyes and tried to o mov. My wrists and ankles were cuffed. I looked to my left, and a pretty brunette woman was standing there, smiling at me.

"Im not going to hurt you. And I will make things go as smothly as possible... My name is Mara." She seemed nice, and so fermiliar.

"How is our prisoner doing?" Seth shouted in a happy voice to Mara, who stiffined and took on a military like persona.

"Quiet, sir." She reported. "She just woke up."

He walked over to me and laned over me, "How are you Brook? Comfortable?" He sneered.

I bit back, "Snug as a bug under a fucking rug." He got his face close to mine, I could smell his breath. It was sweet mint mixed with asshole. He put his hamd on my stomach.

"Oh, there is a mouth on this one... Jusst like your mother. You know, me and your mother were married. We were going to hve a good strong boy. But, alas, your mtherwas a slut, and had sex with a vampire.  You lool almost exactly like her." He touched my cheek, "Makes my sympathetic. "

On impulse, inturned aand bit his hand, spilling blood on my face. I spat it from my lips. Just then, a high heel boot came sailing in my direction, but caugt in Seths chest who wailed in pain. Mara ripped the cuffs off of my arms and legs, picked me up, and sprited through various halls. She finall burst out a door as sirens blared. She put me down and flng her hands out. A purple force came from them, and a portal opened up in front of us, she pulled me in and shut it.

I stood infront of Cassi in th shack, whose body was angry, but eyes were relived. She hugged me hard, "Dont you ever sarafice yourself again! I could hve lost you." She smiled.

"Yes Brook. Dont ever risk yourself for me again. " a voice behind me said. I swng around and hugged the man's body to which the voice belonged.

"Leon... thank the lords your okay." I pushed my face into his chest.

He rapped his arms around me, "Why the sudden change in attitude? "

"I realised I could trust you with my life..." I said. An I could.  I didnt know why I felt this way all of the sudden. But this man, held my heart.

"Hey, Leon. How about a hug for your sis, huh?" Said Mara. Lon pulled away and wrapped the woman up.

"I told you I would bring her back." She said matter of factly. She smiled at me. And Loen pulled back.

"I didnt doubt it." He said to her, but he walked up to Cassi, "Its night fall, go hunt. I can feel your hunger."

Cassi smiled, "The hunt... I think Im okay. I know you are worried about me hurting Brook, but Ill be fine."

"Why would you hurt me?" I asked Cassi a bit cautious. 

"Vampires sometimes lose control, and since your vamp side hasnt kicked in, you're still human." She smiled a bit,  "That makes you food."

Leo didnt like that, "Cassi, go hunt." He turned towards me, "And you, go to sleep." He pryed, and touched the bruise where Seth hit me, "I'll kill him." He whispered.

I laid down on the couch, ready to sleep.  But Leon slipped behind me and wrapped his arm protectivly around my mid section.

He kissed my ear, "No body is going to take you away from me ever again."

and I fell asleep to the beat of his heart.