Thirty Three

'You're the one. I finally found you, my little owl.'

___

Elise slowly opened her eyes, feeling groggy and sore all over. It was as if she ran and ran for hours with no real destination to go to.

It hurts.

"You'll be okay."

Elise looks slowly to her side and saw the boy---No, the boy was Cleo. Cleo who was wearing something appropriate now. Elise saw Cleo smiling softly at her, his golden eyes glistening under the moonlight.

Huh? It was night time already.

"You've been asleep for quite some time."

"What did you do to me?" She croaked, feeling her throat dry and itchy.

Cleo noticed it and immediately fetched the glass of water on her bedside table and slowly helped her sit up.

Elise placed her head on his shoulder, feeling so tired to even notice her actions. The beads of sweat made some strands of hair stick on her forehead as the boy placed the drink on her lips.

She drank it without much complaint.

After that, Elise sighed on his shoulder as Cleo caressed her back in a comforting manner, causing Elise to close her eyes as she was engulfed with warmth and gentleness from the young boy.

"I'm sure that you have questions." Cleo said after a while. "I could feel you curiosity and confusion, my lady."

"Why aren't they here?" Elise whispered tiredly, wondering why the family weren't with her. Usually, they wouldn't allow Elise to be alone with someone unfamiliar to them.

"Miss Isobel had wanted us to talk alone first." He said gently.

"Mama?" She muttered to herself, confused. Why would she, out of all people, want her to be alone with him? Elise removed her head from his shoulder and looked at him wearily.

But then she remembered something and then grimaced. "You're the one who said that I'm your master and you, my servant?"

"Yes, my lady." He answered automatically, making Elise grimace once again.

"Don't call me that." She ordered, not wanting to be someone's master. She didn't deserve a title like that and she would never treat anybody like a servant.

He tilted his head to the side in confusion. "Then what should I call you?"

"I'm not your master!" Elise said in exasperation, looking visibly upset. "Just call me whatever you like that isn't something that would make our relationship be a master and servant relationship."

He placed his chin on his thumb and index finger, looking like he was really aghast by the thought of calling her something else. Due to his humorous expression, Elise had to stop herself from chuckling in front of him.

He looked so seriously troubled by her order.

Simply rolling her eyes, she crossed her arms. "Call me Aubrie."

He looks at her in surprise. "Aubrie?"

Elise nodded, smiling a little at him. She doesn't know why but she could feel like she could tell him whatever she wanted in the whole world and he would keep it a secret. Like for example, if she were to commit murder and he'd be the sole witness of her actions, Elise believes that the young boy would close his mouth if somebody questions him about it. The boy was an enigma to Elise. However, the young girl didn't know whether she could trust him or not.