Forelsket

Bonus 3:

Elise didn't know how long she stood in that meadow.

That meadow, where the flowers with different colors and leaves of the trees, danced in a slow music of nature. The birds or whatever animal present in its show were their audience. They sang along with the song, flying across the sky with joy, following along with the music of peace.

And Elise was at peace with it.

The sun had started to set, reminding Elise of what had happened before. The sun was its witness after all.

The young woman closed her eyes and breathed in the fresh air. She enjoyed that peace and that song. She enjoyed the way they rustled, she enjoyed the feeling of the sun's light cascading slowly down the horizon, saying good bye to those who would care, to those who would see.

And Elise did see.

She saw how beautiful it was when Hugo stood where the sun slowly descended, where the beautiful flowers bloomed and danced below him, causing a beautiful, breathtaking scenery where he was the main character of everything. He was like a painting that jumped out of its canvas.

Elise remembered the way he smiled, the way he said his goodbyes, the way he did his last and final heroic deed. She remembered the way he died.

And even if he was slowly succumbing to the darkness as his own blood slowly pooled below him, he was still like a painting and a hero. He was a dear friend to Elise, one that she dearly adored.

He understood her without any magic or bonds. He was simply just a companion, a friend, a someone whom she holds dear in her heart and memory. Hugo understood her and she understood him.

She remembered how he died being Elise's wall, her barrier.

Elise asked herself so many times of her mistakes. She made that mistake. Hugo's death was her mistake. It makes her disappointed at herself for being weak, for unable to stand up for herself and protect those she love.

The what ifs tortured her. They were her chains, her invisible chains that causes her so much agony.

Hugo said that she shouldn't blame herself.

But she still does and she'll still will. How could she not? He died, in that beautiful meadow with a setting sun, because of her. Because of her, he had to be the sacrifice. And for what?

She died in the end, didn't she?

She caused so much pain and grief to so many people. She caused chaos and drama when it wasn't supposed to happen in the first place. How could she not feel guilty?

His sacrifice was useless and it just proves on how much Elise was a useless, idiotic  person, unable to save one strong, selfless individual.

When she opened her eyes, it was morning. She sighed shakily.

It was morning, the sun was up and the flowers were gently swaying along with the breeze. They weren't dancing, they were just swaying.

Elise always did this. Whenever she would close her eyes in the meadow where Hugo died, she would create the images of the memory of the surroundings where Hugo died.

It was horrible. She knew that she wasn't in that situation anymore, but she could still feel as if it were only yesterday.

The setting sun, the dancing flowers and leaves.

Hugo.

Oh, Hugo. That boy who stood there with a smile, with blood dripping in his sweet and loving smile, that eyes that slowly lost its color as he slowly falls onto death's hands, the way he said goodbye, the way his smile faded, the way he closed his eyes.