He grabbed the pillow and threw it behind him and smiled victoriously.

She narrowed her eyes at him but continued speaking. "We talked for an hour until Grant decided that he was ready to go home, I'm going to see them again tomorrow and this time I'll bring some real food. I'd like to see them eat something that's nutritious, not junk," Her nose scrunched up as she spoke, a sign that she was in deep thought.

Daniel smiled. She was so generous. "That's very nice of you, sweetheart." He praised her and kissed her cheek again.

Her eyes sparkled with joy and she giggled. "Your love language is words of affirmation," He observed with a knowing smile and she nodded.

"Yeah, how'd you know that?" She asked curiously. "That's one thing I didn't tell you,"

He pulled her closer in his embrace and kissed her cheek, loving the feeling of her soft face. "I like watching you, and when I say things about your character, you get this really pretty look on your face and your eyes glow like a kid on Christmas," He explained and she looked at him in awe.

"Really? I didn't realize that I was an expressive person," She shrugged.

Daniel laughed and shook his head. "You're more expressive than my children, and that's saying something," His brows rose as he spoke. "I'd rather watch you over any stupid movie or show," He reflected.

"You'd probably get tired of watching me and I'd probably get creeped out," Tyra pointed out and laughed.

Daniel would never get tired of watching her, being with her, just doing anything with her. She was his forever infatuation. He couldn't tell her that, not yet. "I wouldn't, but you would. You blush when I call you beautiful, which you are. You could win Ms. America by just walking up to the audition. You could win Miss World and Miss Universe by walking past the camera." He nonchalantly showered her with praise.

Tyra tried to hide her smile, but it didn't work. "You have such a beautiful smile," He admired her.

"Stopppp," She grabbed another pillow and shoved her face onto it. "You're going to make my cheeks fall off," She murmured in the pillow.

Daniel chuckled heartily. "I enjoy admiring you openly. You're just about the best thing that's ever happened to me and I want you to know that every second of the day," He confessed truthfully.

Tyra pulled her face away from the pillow and her eyes held so much emotion. Doubt, joy, and fear. "M--my friend," She trailed off. "I forgot to ask you if she could stop by tomorrow, Yasmin, she's met Gianna before," She asked, her voice shaky due to anxiety clear in her eyes.

Daniel sighed and pressed his lips in a line. He wasn't upset with her for changing the subject, he only wished that she could be honest with him about how she felt instead of shying away due to fear. He wanted to shower her with compliments and adoration, but for some reason, she pushed it away when his words came straight from his heart.

He would just have to prove to her even more that he's serious about her, and that she has no reason to be afraid of his affection. He knew that there was something more to her anxiety because he knew that she liked him, it was obvious, so there had to be something else keeping her from being open.

"Of course, sweetheart." He finally answered and unwrapped his arm from her shoulder, instantly missing the feeling of her body next to his. "I'll let you get back to your book, goodnight beautiful," He said and her face fell.

She bit her bottom lip and clung tightly to the pillow in her arms. "I'm sorry," Her voice was airy, yet heavy with sorrow.  His heart broke for her.

Daniel bent down and pressed a kiss onto her forehead. "It's alright, sweetheart. I understand," He said honestly, wanting her to know that he would be patient with her. Anxiety could be a thorn in the side.