chapter ten

Daniel was typing a report on his laptop, but his mind was elsewhere

She captured his mind and heart from the moment he saw her, and now it was worse. Since finding out that he possibly had a chance with her, his mind was fuzzy, but at the same time, he felt sharper and more focused on his end goal.

"Knock, knock, mister man," Kentrell said as he walked into Daniel's office.

Daniel looked up from his laptop and tried not to curse Kentrell. "Normally, you knock before entering."

Kentrell waved his hands and took a seat. "Normally, you'd know that I don't do the normal thing," He countered and kicked his feet up on the desk.

"How can I help you, Kentrell?" Daniel asked, not wanting to be at work anymore.

Kentrell looked at Daniel and shook his head. "She rejected you or something?" He narrowed his eyes, trying to figure Daniel out.

"No! Thank God," Daniel sighed and facepalmed. "The other night we were watching The Bachelorette, and she started talking about how the show needed more diversity in age as well as race," He explained, making Kentrell confused.

"What's so bad about that? I would think that she's open to all men, not just young black dudes, but all dudes,"

Daniel rolled his eyes. "It's not bad. I'm actually glad that she said that. I was going to ask her how she felt about older men dating younger women, using someone else as an example, but then I got a phone call, so I didn't get to ask her,"

Kentrell covered his mouth to keep from laughing, but it didn't work.

Daniel glared at him. "What's so funny?"

"You were going to tell her that you like her basically. That's the worst trick in the book, man. I'm glad that someone called you," Kentrell shook his head in fake shame.

"Oh," Daniel cringed. "Anyway, ever since that day, I've been thinking of ways to make a move on her. I want something subtle yet obvious. She told me that she likes practical things, but she also likes being wined and dined," He explained, and Kentrell pursed his lips.

He scratched his head and tapped his foot. "I'm thinking, man. Give me a second," Kentrell was trying to find the best way to get his friend the woman he was basically in love with.

She liked being wined and dined, but she also liked simple things. She liked The Bachelorette. "I got it, man," He said and smiled triumphantly.

Daniel stared at Kentrell and waited for him to speak, but he didn't. He just smiled. "Kentrell, what's the idea?" He asked with a look of concern.

Kentrell stopped smiling and cleared his throat. "Uh, sorry, man. I was feeling myself for having such a clever idea." He shrugged. "Get your notebook out, man. You know that you'll most likely forget what I'm about to tell you,"