Chapter 2- Apologies

The next day was hectic. I mean I had customers pouring in my salon like never before. I didn’t have enough hands to do all the heads of hair that walked into my place. My phone wouldn’t stop buzzing. I was getting text after text about hair appointments and I couldn’t process it all so quickly. “Ok I’m going to need a line to form people.” People sat in the waiting area reading magazines while others who couldn’t fit into my cramped salon stood outside in a line. I began on the first head as the client began to ramble. “Did you hear about what Michael said about your salon girl? He gave you a 5 star rating. I had to bring my little self up here today to see what it was all about!” I looked around shocked. Michael Jackson, the stuck up spoiled brat, gave me a good review? It must be a publicity stunt to make him seem nice for coming to my little salon. I sort of shrugged it off as I quickly got through her hair. Before I knew it I was done for the day and cleaning up for closing. I had never expected such a turn out in one day. Doing so much hair had my hands cramping, but it didn’t bother me too bad. I just needed more hairstylists that could help me out. I was tired and couldn’t wait to get home.

-Michael’s P.O.V-

“That was nice of you kid!” I shrugged at Frank’s statement. “I was only doing it to sort of apologize for being rude.” He laughed. “Sort of? Kid if your mother saw the way you treated that woman she’d get after you.” I knew Frank was right. Maybe I was ill-mannered, but I don’t trust any and every one on my hair. “I’ll send her a fruit basket.” Frank sat down in front of me as he looked at me. “Kid, go back up there and really apologize. You know deep inside you want to.” I sighed as I looked at my watch. “Fine. Let’s hope she’s still there.” He smiled patting me on my back.

After a little driving and looking we found her salon. She was just walking out the door. “Hey!” She stopped dropping her stuff quite frightened. I hopped out the car as I ran over to her helping her. “Sorry for scaring you.” She kept looking down as she picked up her things. “Oh it’s fine really. I should’ve been-“She looked up at me and I smiled. “Oh boy. You again” She began moving faster as I tried to slow her down. “Wait what do you mean you again?” She ignored me getting up walking to what looked like her self-advertised minivan. It had her salon name and her contact information. I followed her quickly as I stopped her. “Come on, look I know I was rude the other day. It was for a good reason, but it was still discourteous. That’s why I came here to apologize.” Her eyes got big as she looked at me. She actually had a very pretty set of hazel eyes. “You apologize to me?” I nodded hoping she’d let me finish talking. “Why do you want to apologize to me? So you can tell the press people that you are such a gentleman?” I got a little frustrated as I began to walk away. “Wait… I’m sorry that was impolite of me.” I stopped in my tracks as I turned to her. “No it’s fine. I deserved it.” She put her things in her minivan as she walked towards me. “You sort of made me feel bad when you came into my salon the other day.” I looked in her eyes seeing she was serious. I didn’t know my demeanor was so off yesterday. I was just tired and upset I guess. “I’m sorry Um… Say. I didn’t catch your name?” She looked at me as she slightly smiles. “Quinn, Quinn Pointer.” Her name was pretty. Quinn. It stuck. “Well, I’m Michael Jackson and a very sorry one. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. In fact I’d like to make it up to you. Name something you want.” She stood there looking at me in surprise. “Well I need some new stylists to help me out after all the attention you’ve brought to my salon.” I nodded. “I’ll get you 5 of the best I can find, but I asked what did you want not need.” She thought for a moment then shrugged. “I don’t know.” I smirked as I got an idea. “Well how about I take you somewhere?” She looked at me strangely. “Where and when?” I grabbed her hand. “Now. Come on you’ll see.”