Chapter 1- I Don't Know you...

Today work was moving fairly slow. I had 4 clients and I rushed through them like the task was nothing. Doing hair has always been my passion. It takes no time for me to wash and set, curl, straighten, dye, or anything else you can do to hair. I was considering myself as a professional. I sat in my client chair spinning around checking my phone for messages for new appointments. Nothing. That's what I got. I accept walk-ins but no one seems to even walk by my little salon. It's not the world's best but hey, it will do. After 40 minutes of doing nothing I see 4 men in black suits, a rather bigger man with a cigar in his mouth, and a tall caramel complexion man in red and black walk into my salon. I jumped out my seat quickly.

"Frank really It will be fine. I will put it back into a ponytail or something." I heard a very soft voice come from the guy in the red shirt. He actually looked like- "Michael, I know what's best for you kid. You need that head of yours done. A friend of mine said she's the best in town." I locked eyes with him. It was Michael Jackson. All I could do was stand there in a daze looking at him. "Hello, How may I help you?" I clasped my hands together in front of me as I waited on an answer. "I don't need any help. Frank I Don't know her!" Michael just looked all tense like he was mad at the world. I couldn't understand what was wrong. "Excuse me?" I Looked at him quite annoyed. He turned to me and quietly said, "I'm sorry I just don't know you well enough." He turned back to the guy with the cigar hanging out his mouth. I stood there irritated with my hands crossed in front of my chest. "Now, Frank you know very well Lynda always does my hair." The guy slowly removed the cigar out his mouth. "Well Lynda is not here Michael! We are doing the best we can." I turned away from them as I sat back in the chair, letting out a huge sigh.

The heavier set man, Frank, held the cigar for a moment just looking at Michael's hair. I glanced at it. His hair was messed up. His curls were flat and his edges were uncontrolled. I shivered at the sight of the monstrosity. Frank then faced me. "Will you be a dear and fix this please?" I crossed my legs still sitting in the chair. "Yeah. But the question is, Will He let me fix it?" Frank and Michael both looked at each other. Micheal's eyes narrowed as he stared at Frank. "I can't let you do this Frank." I rolled my eyes as I looked away from them. "I don't have all day." I honestly did but I couldn't let them know that. After 20 minutes of debating with Michael, Frank got him to give in. "Thanks for your patience honey." Frank slightly smiled at me. I got out my seat and pointed to Michael and then to it. He cautiously sat down in the chair and looked down at his hands then back at Frank. "I will never let you live this one down." Frank shrugged sort of laughing to himself.

I gave Michael a simple wash. Then, I curled his hair exceptionally. When I was done spraying it with oil sheen it shined brightly. I smiled at the result and handed Michael a mirror. His eyes lit up as He spun in the chair to face me. He simply nodded and got out the chair to walk over to Frank. He whispered something to Frank. Next thing I know, Frank grins, removes the cigar out his mouth, and hands me a thousand dollar check. "I like it, so If I like it that means Michael likes it." I look down at the check in shock. I've never received this type of money before. And I wasn't going to now. I couldn't accept it... I shook my head as I handed Frank back the check. Frank's smile faded as he looked at Michael then back at me. "It's Michael's gift to you. He's basically thanking you on fixing his hair." I looked over at Michael who said not a word. Why couldn't he say that? He has a mouth. I glared at him angrily. Arrogant and self-centered. That's the vibe I was getting off him.