“Is it?” Coach Yeeles asks in that monotone voice of his. “Good to know, Camera Girl.”

I sigh and retake my seat on the bench. To fill the silence, I picked up my camera and started to shoot a few frames. The lighting wasn’t all that great, but then again, it was hard to get the perfect outdoor conditions to take quality photographs. I settled for normal exposure and hoped that the photos would come out relatively good.

I took shots of everyone on the field before I finally sat back down and waited for the other team to arrive. I pulled out my cell and saw that I had a ton of messages from Anna. As much as I love my sister, and as much as we get along, I hardly ever hear from her. We do the obligatory ‘Hey, how are you?’ messages once a week, and my parents make sure that we go up to the city at least once a month to see her and Sawyer, but that was the extent of our sisterly relationship.

What is your favorite color?

Do you prefer baby pink of hot pink? Do you even like pink?

Would you prefer ruby red, or garnet red?

Green- what’s your take on it? Light green like grass or dark green like moss?

Do you like purple? Violet?

I read each message and wondered what on Earth had got into my sister. I would understand if it was Libby interrogating me like this, but coming from Anna it was kind of suspicious.

What are you up to? C xx I message her while trying to ignore Coach Yeeles barking orders at the team.

Instantly, my phone buzzed with a reply. I’m not up to anything! I was just wondering, that’s all… you know, for the wedding. Yeah, the wedding… I’m designing us some matching earrings to wear. You, me, Libby and Mom. Now, answer my damned questions, Catherine.

I scroll up to the first message before I hit reply. Favorite color is blue, like blue tourmaline, I guess. If we’re going for pink, I like the deeper shades. Ruby red. I’m not a huge fan of green, but if we’re going there then we’d have to stick with emeralds. Amethyst is good for purple. C xx

“Hey, Camera Girl,” Coach Yeeles shouts for me, even though he’s stood right next to me. I ignore him until he learns to call me Cate. “Hey, Rushing’s girlfriend.”

The players on the field all turn to face me when they hear Coach Yeeles’ other name for me. TJ smiles and turns to hide his smirk, but it’s too late. I’ve already seen it, and for some reason, I can’t help but smile too. I know I should correct Coach Yeeles but a part of me liked being called TJ’s girlfriend.

Instead, I continue to ignore him.

“Cate!” Coach Yeeles finally learns my name. Did pigs just fly? “Why are you texting when you should be taking photos?”

“Because I took enough already,” I say. “Until the other team gets here, there’s not much else I can do.”