The fourth-year merely rolled his eyes in response and left the three to their own devices as Clover and Juliette looked to Hugo with utter aggravation.

"You said he'd be down any minute," Clover stated, while her stomach grumbled. "Go drag him down or something!" Hugo sighed dramatically, but just as he was about to climb the stairs, someone behind the three cleared their throat.

"Uh, guys?" Cedric asked, stifling a small chuckle as his three friends whipped their heads around, their faces laced with shocked expressions.

"Hugo!" Juliette hissed, hitting the boy over the head. "You said he was in the bathroom when you left!"

"I swear to Merlin, he was!"

"I got up early." Cedric chimed in, as Juliette scowled. "Cho wanted to give my present to me, so I got up early and we got breakfast together." Clover shook her head in disbelief. The girl found herself running towards the boy, engulfing him in a hug. Hugo and Juliette soon joined the two, wrapping their arms around the boy.

"Happy birthday, Ced!" Clover grinned sheepishly while the boy laughed into the three's shoulders. The girl broke away and handed the boy his present. "It's not much-"

"Clove, stop, I'm sure it's great.." Cedric reassured her as he graciously took the other gifts from Juliette and Hugo. "Have you lot eaten by the way?"

"No!" Juliette cried in despair, collapsing against Cedric's shoulder before poking his cheek accusingly. "We were too busy waiting for you!"

"C'mon then, I'll open these in the Hall."

The three nodded excitedly at Cedric's words and followed the boy out of the common room. Clover linked her arm with Cedric's and together, the two childishly ran ahead of Juliette and Hugo, who were seemingly still bickering over the failed surprise.

The walk to the Great Hall was a short one and as soon as the four entered and began to make their way to the Hufflepuff table, there was a scattered yell of 'happy birthday' for Cedric, while many of his classmates thumped him on the back as he passed.

The boy was smiling widely as he sat down in his seat, while Clover, Juliette and Hugo started to munch away at the food. As soon as the three had composed themselves, they turned to Cedric with wide eyes.

"Open your presents!" Hugo exclaimed, jumping over the table to sit beside the boy, earning him a loud scolding from Professor McGonagall who was passing by and had witnessed the boy slide across the wood of the table. Cedric shrugged and picked up the first present, which was wrapped poorly and practically engulfed by Spellotape. After struggling to rip off the wrapping paper, the gift finally tumbled into Cedric's lap.

"Hugo, please tell me this isn't what I think it is."

"I dunno what you're talking about." Hugo stated but a mischievous smile crept its way onto his face.

"Whatcha got there, Ced?" Juliette queried, but the smirk across Clover and Juliette's faces told Cedric that they both knew exactly what the gift was. The boy shook his head and tossed the book towards Clover, who caught it and burst out into laughter.

"A wizards guide to magical sex." The girl read, her lips quirking as she passed the book to Juliette to read. "Look how helpful it is, Ced!"