287

Genevieve's P.O.V

"Rise and shine!" a voice sang through the room before my curtains were pulled to the sides. I groaned as I pulled the duvet over my head to shut out the light. "Breakfast is ready downstairs so if you're not down in ten minutes, I will personally pour water over you."

Hands were placed on the outside of my duvet as my dad shook me to try and wake me up. I replied with another groan and stuck my hand out from under the duvet to wave him away.

"Ten minutes, Vivi. Ten minutes!"

"Fuck off!" I shouted, hearing him laugh as he left my room. I buried my head into the pillow again as I pulled the duvet down a little so my face could get some air. I had absolutely no intention of getting up.

"Roxi! I would appreciate it if you didn't throw your books at me!" my dad shouted in the hallway. "Pick it up! Mum's going to be pissed."

Then I heard the sound of nails tapping against the doorframe so close to where I was that it had to be against my doorframe. "Vivi. Up. Now!"

I woke up with my entire body jolting. Immediately the tears poured from my eyes and I let out a silent sob as Ronnie was sleeping next to me on the mattress. I had made sure she slept between me and the wall so that she wasn't easier to grab.

Then my body jolted again when I noticed Luke crouch down by my feet. He glanced at me but didn't say anything as she removed the chains from my ankle, then from Ronnie's.

"He's given you permission to walk around the room freely." he told me. "The rest of your siblings will be here soon."

I sat up and watched him make his way back towards the door. Now it was my turn to be angry. I got up and in the split of a moment, I grabbed his wrist to make him look at me. Then I pushed him harshly against the wall, an arm on his throat.

"What does he want?!" I screamed. "He's always killed my father! What else could he possibly want from us!"

"Vivi. Let go of me." he said. "I don't want to hurt you."

"Hurt me." I challenged him. "I fucking dare you! You've already taken so much and now you're working together with that fucking psychopath!"

"I told you... if I don't, he'll–"

"Kill you?!" I spat. "He killed my dad and now he's going to kill the rest of us!"

Luke grabbed onto me, cupping my face. "I won't let him–"

"Don't touch me!" I screamed and slapped his hands away. "The only thing I want from you is the fucking power I know you have! Apparate us back! Let us out of here!"

Suddenly the anger took over in him and his hand wrapped around my throat. I grabbed onto his hand, trying to get him to let go as he walked forwards, staring down at me angrily while backing me up towards the opposite wall of the room.

I couldn't breathe. He was cutting off the air and all I could do was wave my arms around and hit him to get him to let go.

"Vivi!" I heard Ronnie cry out. "Let go of her! Please don't hurt her!"

A flash of light appeared and someone apparated into the room but my eyes were focused on his which were full of rage.

"L-Luke." I managed to choke out as I kept a hand around his wrist to try and force it away while my other hand was slapping his shoulder.

"Oi!" I heard Sammy's voice in the room before someone tried to approach us. Then the figure got pushed away and the sound of a body hitting the wall filled the room but all I could focus on was my mind becoming foggy.

The sounds were starting to get faint and I was getting light-headed. It was the feeling of almost passing out. I recognised it from my panic attacks. Luke was in the middle of choking me to death and he couldn't control the anger he felt. He had a diagnosis and I had provoked him. He didn't know what he was doing. He wasn't going to realise it until it was too late.

It sounded like it came from the faint distance but for a moment I thought I could hear Roxi's cries, Freddie shouting and Bryson talking to Ronnie. They were all here and they were all going to witness my death.

My eyelids started to get heavier and they closed slowly as all the oxygen left my brain. It felt like my brain was about to explode and splatter across these four walls. This was it. This was my ending.

But then again...

I would get to be with dad.