When Adaria didn't reply, Violette lowered her voice to a whisper. "But I must admit, things would be very different if Piper were here with us."

A blanket of silence hung over the two, as the mention of their friend came back up once again. But this silence was not one of regret or unease. This silence was not an uncomfortable presence to bear with. Instead, Violette knew that this silence was welcomed. She would be able to reflect on how lucky she really was, and how much the world had changed. It was all because of Piper that the kingdom was no longer covered in evil.

Violette's thoughts were interrupted when she heard a rustling beside her. Adaria stood up and smoothed her gown, while waving goodbye to her queen.

"We'll if that's all you have to say, I will bid you farewell with your duties. Have a wonderful rest of your day, Your Highness."

Queen Violette watched in silence, as Adaria disappeared within the walls of the palace, and headed to wherever she would go next. The queen knew that Adaria would no longer have to fear civilians looking at her, for now magic of all types were gone. There would be no need for anyone to have to hide in the shadows for any longer. Freedom was for everyone.

"Did you have a nice talk just then?"

Startled once again, Queen Violette shook her head and turned to the second newcomer's voice that had registered in her ears. It only took a moment for her to realize that she would not be able to complete her calm afternoon walk, but would have to spend it talking to her dear friends who were still with her.

"What is it Stephan?" Violette headed towards the boy and smiled. "Can I do anything for you?"

Stephan blinked for a moment, and didn't say anything.

"Well?"

As if Violette's voice were a prompt, the poor boy jumped up and the flowers that we were picking scattered out of order in his arms.

"Sorry," he mumbled, while trying to arrange his flowers back in place. "These were for Rosie, you know, the dog."

There was another split pause, before Violette couldn't help but to burst out laughing. "Oh Stephan, just because I'm your queen doesn't mean we're not friends. You can't escape the tie that bonds us together." The queen beckoned towards the boy. "You can come take my stroll with me. Rosie will wait. I just fed her this morning. The dog doesn't seem to understand what enough means."

Stephan headed behind Violette and followed her to the small stone table near a flower bush. Yellow and blue butterflies swarmed around the small buds as bees buzzed in the corner.

"What was Adaria saying to you? That woman is always confusing to me."

Queen Violette turned to her friend and tilted her head. "It was just about your sister. She was wonderful. You should know that more than anyone."

Stephan looked at his queen's response. "Oh. So that's it."

Violette nodded her head. "That was it."

Before Stephan could say anymore, Violette dragged him towards the table, and began a small conversation. She knew very well that the memory of Piper was still the string that connected both of them together. Piper had done something extraordinary, and she would never forget that.

"I hope that you are watching us from your home above," Violette murmured. "The kingdom has been remade just like how you wished it to be."

For the next few moments, the sun slid further out from behind the clouds, and the birds were suddenly more cheerful. Violette could only remember the days before this, when she had hoped for there to be good weather that could come upon her home. Those times seemed like ages ago, but they would never be forgotten. Just like Piper, the old kingdom was part of her past, and the past was what carved the present.

"Violette, look."

At Stephan's voice, Violette turned her head around, and saw a small white dove land with a red rose in its beak. The bird fluttered in the air for a moment, as if it were pondering what to do, before finally landing on Violette's shoulders.

"Well hello there," the queen murmured, and stroked the creature's soft feathers. "I hope that you are doing well."

At the sudden response, the bird jerked up its head, and started spinning around furiously in the air. Its tail went up and down and its body moved as if it were playing a dance.

Violette tilted her head towards Stephan and cupped her hand on her cheeks. "Do you know what this dove is saying?"

Stephan shook his head. "No clue."

Both friends looked on in confusion, as the bird kept on spinning around. But finally, when the realization came to the creature that no one understood what it was saying, the dove gave up. Instead of doing his small dance, he hovered in the air before disappearing behind a tree.

Violette was still dazed. "Well what was that about?"

"It's not done yet," Stephan whispered back. He pointed towards the tree where the bird came back to them. "Look."

The young dove landed on Violette's shoulders, and dropped a single pink flower on her dress. And although the movement was so small, the thought of realization struck Violette so suddenly, that the queen had to stand up from her sitting position.

Stephan, who had also stood up next to her, turned his head towards his friend. Together, both humans shared a smile as the dove flew away.

The flower the creature had given was a cherry blossom, and cherry blossoms were Piper's favorite flower.

It was now, when fate had decided to seal itself, but not one in a bad way. A new beginning meant a new light. Together, everyone would be able to move on from their dark past. Humans learned to blossom from faith, and that was what would happen. This was destiny. But no matter what the future decided to give, Piper was still present. She would always be inside every person. She would always be inside their heart.

This was the truth that Violette knew, and this was the truth that stayed with her forever.

_

The End...