Chapter Twenty-One

Okay so i have added my other chapter which i am dedicating to loftuschick6 hope everyone likes this chapter. It really is just a filler but you get to see something in Claud that you would not see if Esmay was around. 

COMMENT VOTE AND THANK YOU! 

Big thanks to loftuschick6 for complimenting this story i am glad you are enjoying it :) 

Chapter Twenty-One

Claudious Valentine

Jake and I had gathered over one-hundred soldiers. A bit dramatic but like Lola said we could not take her on alone. It was better to have more and not worry then have less and feel the wrath of what was to come. I prayed beyond anything that Esmay put up a fight, just like she always did with me. I could not feel her, not one part. Jake had felt something, a slight twinge of panic and then it was gone.

‘Anything else?’ I asked.

‘No,’ Jake said. ‘I cannot feel her anymore.’

‘Be still, brother,’ I said placing a hand on his shoulder. ‘She will not go down without a fight, nor will Esmay. They will be fine and safe with us very soon.’  

‘Do not pretend to care for them.’ Jake said.

His tone was vicious. I stared at Jake as he walked away from my hand and looked out towards the soldiers on the field. The front of the castle had changed into a battlefield. Many soldiers that were still standing from the previous battle were now recovering and preparing to head out once again. Their determination surprised me. During my father’s reign not many soldiers followed him, if possible to believe he was more ruthless than I am today. If only Esmay could have seen my father her opinion would change dramatically.

But like my father he softened when he met my mother; I could not help the feeling Esmay was having that same effect on me. Yet, here my brother was accusing me of not caring for either of the girls. I had lost a part of myself hours before, of course I cared.

‘Do not mistake me not showing emotion for not caring,’ I said. ‘I do care for them even if I do not show it as freely as you.’

‘You have not once given a kind thought to Esmay.’ Jake still looked on as soldiers marched towards each other, shared a brief word and departed in groups. I knew Hector would be here soon I just wish it were sooner. Jake could not possibly comprehend the internal struggle within me. No one could. As hard as those around me try I will never open up to them no matter how much they think I am.

‘Maybe not,’ I answered, ‘but I care for her nonetheless.’

‘Claudious.’ The King said.

I turned around and saw my father approach. He was followed by Michael. I had not seen Michael since we had rushed to retrieve my sister. He looked slightly irritated and on edge.

‘Michael.’ I said. ‘Father. I am to assume Hector informed you on everything that has occurred.’

‘Yes,’ Michael answered. ‘I am well aware that my woman has slipped from my grasp once again. The question is, where were you Claudious?’

He knew very well where I was. I had completely lost control of myself and I refused to give him that satisfaction. I knew he disliked me and I him. My brothers saw him as more of a brother than me also. He was a great man and even a better warrior I would not take that away from him. But I would not lose my pride either. So I remained quiet as we stared at each other intensely.