a summer unlike any other

Börja om från början

But he didn't look back.

He took the train, going nowhere, and as soon as he took a seat, he let his mind be empty and finally take the sleep he's been craving for months.

"Michael, please."

Tadashi? Oh gosh, he had to go back and apologize.

But the voice he heard wasn't as strong, but just as desperate.

Wendy.

That was the day he woke up in the new world with Wendy.

———

He remembered each eternal second that passed before he realised that Wendy was still breathing and just instances for him to find the logic he has lost. He looked around and Death Eaters were gone, along with Sirius and Harry. He could only guess that they were assisting Dumbledore in the battle with Voldemort.

Although he knew Wendy was still alive, he refused to separate himself from her even when they reached St. Mungo's. Even when she came to consciousness and days passed.

"I'm okay, Michael," she kept reassuring her, "It was just a stunning spell."

No one could come to visit her as they all went back to school to finish the year, not to say they didn't try to, but with Harry and Cedric finally being recognised as survivours of Voldemort and the return of this last one to be factual, it wasn't safe for anyone to visit her. But because Fred and George ditched the educational system of wizards, they have visited Wendy more than once.

"We snuck in some carrot cake for you," Fred announced once as George closed the door of her room after looking for any strict Healer out there.

Wendy perked up from her bed at the sound of her favourite cake. She was delighted to see the boys and have a break from her monotonous solitude.

"Where's Michael?" George pointed out.

"I'm not sure, he was gone when I woke up," she was opening the box containing the beautiful piece of carrot cake, "Oh my, this looks amazing."

"It better be. Fred and I had to ask our mum for help for that."

They both sat down, one on the armchair where Michael would usually sit and the other by the foot of her bed.

"Is she still mad at you?" She asked at both but looked at Fred, who was the closest.

"She is, but she'll come around when we will open the shop," from no-where he lent her a fork and a smile, "You'll see."

Wendy happily took it and started to dig in the cake. The grated carrots on top made the whole thing even better than she imagined. The cream and soft butter slid through her mouth and she crunched on the bits of carrot in the cake. She let out a satisfactory whine as she dug in a second bite, physically forcing herself to not finish it in one go. The twins didn't need words to know she was enjoying it, and the four hours of work prior seemed to be worth it.

"When will be the opening?" She said mouthful.

George laughed but then turned to a more serious tone, "Just when classes are done, so more people can visit when they come from Hogwarts."

"You guys taught carefully of this, haven't you?"

"Since before we were born!" Fred nodded.

Wendy finally finished her cake and Fred carefully tucked the box in the bin, in a way the Healers won't see it when they pass by.

"I'll get going then," George announced before patting his lap and stand up, very Arthur-like, "Verity will need a hand stocking the place."  He smiled at Wendy and gave her a cheeky wink, "get better soon, Wends."