flaming liquids of the cup

EVERYONE GATHERED IN the Great Hall, in the presence of the Goblet of Fire. It was finally the day where the three champions would have been selected. The twins placed bets on who would have been chosen, not being able to be in the tournament themselves. They were correct about Victor and Fleur, gaining, according to them, fourty galleons each. The remaining champion was Hogwarts' and they placed their bets on Cedric Diggory, with up to fifty galleons on the boy.

"Cedric Diggory!" Announced Dumbledore.

The Hufflepuff's uproar for their champion was to put to shame everyone else's. Cedric grinned widely before following the other two contestants. Wendy observed the cup, praying it wouldn't send out another paper. She warned Dumbledore to put more protection on the cup, not allowing anyone whose name is not theirs to be put inside the cup. Hopefully, it would have worked.

"Oi, Fred, George!" Michael semi-whispered to the two who looked at the boy still smiling for their victory, "all or nothing, the cup is gonna give another name."

The two grinned and offered their hand out, "deal."

Michael crossed his arms and shook both hands at the same time. He was so sure he was going to get that money, not that he needed it, just to have fun with the two betting boys.

"That's not nice, Michael," Said Wendy. 

"Come on, gotta do something to entertain myself."

The girl rolled her eyes. A little murmur amongst the students lifted and Wendy looked at the cup once again. It was flickering, a new name would have been sorted out. The piece of paper flew high up in the room, and danced gracefully down until the headmaster caught it.

Wendy was quick to turn to Harry, "no matter what, stay calm and know that I'm here for you."

Harry looked confused but nodded nonetheless, "thanks?"

She grabbed him by his forearm, "and be careful of Rita Skeeter—she's bad news."

"HARRY POTTER!" Said Dumbledore.

'Calmly' wouldn't have been the word Wendy would have used to describe Dumbeldore's reaction, but it was fairly more composed than the one in the movie.

Harry hesitantly stood up, with a push from Hermione, and walked his way after the other three competitors. A few students already were saying their mind, mostly from the other three houses, Wendy noticed. Mostly about how he cheated. It was curious how they were so supportive when Fred and George entered the circle and put their name inside the goblet, but now that Harry was chosen no one was as supportive.

Everyone was left in the Great Hall as the big part of the staff followed the four champions to the separate room. Wendy looked over at Hermione and Ron, both not surprised but other emotions occupied their minds. Hermione looked worried, and was already thinking of how on earth Harry would have made it in the tournament, not finding any logic she knew, by her own conclusions, that Harry couldn't have made it on his own. Ron, on the other hand, wasn't much of worry. His frown was visible between his eyebrows and his silence made things worse.

"So, I guess I've won?" Said Micheal.

"I forgot you were a Stone," Said George handing out his galleons.

"Yeah, you two have tricks up your sleeves," Fred glared at him.

Michael snickered, "I'm not taking your coins guys."

The twins looked at each other, making sure they heard right. They never heard anyone back out from a deal, especially when they were the ones who lost.

"Why?"

"Mmh," he simply shrugged his shoulders and walked off to his new friends in the Ravenclaw house.

"Tell us, Wendy, why is your brother so... curious?" Fred asked her.

"Why would he be curious?"

"He's your brother, you tell us," George said.

"I never ask you about your siblings," Wendy pointed out and the two were left to frown.

"Maybe because our siblings don't come from the future," Fred said back.

Wendy just shrugged her shoulders, she couldn't pay attention to anyone but the remaining professors, trying to catch what they were saying about the night's event. She couldn't make up anything, so she went to the next best thing. She grabbed a pen and a little notebook from the big pockets of her robes and started writing down the events of that year.

"What's that?" George asked trying to hide her from the rest of the students.

"What?" Wendy asked back, not knowing what he was talking about.

"That," Fred pointed at the pen Wendy was holding in her hand.

"It's a ball pen, it's like a quill but easier to work with," she said putting it up, "I bought it this summer when I was in town with Draco."

The two ignored the name and continued looking at the 'ball pen' and observed how Wendy was using it. The little button at the top, after a small click, brought out a pointy tip from the other end, which Wendy used to write with. She didn't use any spell nor any ink to write, just that small piece of plastic.

"Is that a muggle invention?" Fred asked.

The word muggle caught the attention of Michael, who turned around to see what the fuss was about. Seeing the three crouched down on the same notebook he noticed the ball pen his sister was using and wondered if there were any in Hogwarts.

"Yeah, it's a muggle invention— quite genius, isn't it?" Michael answered for Wendy.

"Do you know how it works?" George asked him.

"The ball pen?"

"YES!" The two twins exclaimed.

"Uh—yeah, I thi—" he couldn't even finish his sentence before he was dragged out by the two into the dormitory.

"Great, you are going to tell us all about it!" One of them said, but Wendy couldn't make out who as she was too concentrated on her own thing.

She wrote down 'the goblet of fire' on top the page and started listing all the most important people in that book. If she was going to put a stop to one of the scariest and most powerful wizards in history she had to do it perfectly. Being too in the open, she grabbed her notebook and pen and walked towards the common room. Too deep in her thoughts, she didn't notice the voice in the distance calling out her name.

notes:

who that person calling her name might be? eheheh

sorry again for the late update auhdjnasd, hopefully yall understad. Stay safe guys!