the spark for the fire

A SMALL PART OF Wendy didn't want to go to watch the World Cup, knowing that she would have to see the Dark Lord's symbol lit in the sky because of her. Because she wasn't able to stop Peter Pettigrew from running away, she blamed herself for chain of reactions that would, subsequently, lead back to Voldemort's return and her friends' pain and death. Despite all of that, this coming school year no one was going to die under her watch.

"Are you ready?" Asked Draco looking back at Wendy, who followed him through the crowd, which wasn't difficult thanks to his dashing suit and recognisable hair. His outfit was pretty formal for Wendy's opinion, but there wasn't a time when a Malfoy would leave the house without formal wear.

Because she was staying over at their house, she had to dress accordingly too. Her dress was something less formal than Mrs. Malfoy, she still held a collar but instead of the long sleeves, that she knew she'd hate wearing, she cut it short just before her elbows. To say the least, she was wearing a doll dress that reached just up to her knees, leaving her space to move freely, like she loved to.

Unfortunately, the heels were a requirement, and she hated herself for not standing up for herself after the thousand steps stairs she had to go through.

"Yes!" She said, still excited despite the tiresome stairs, "I'm very excited to watch my first real Quidditch game."

"Hey!" Draco protested, "you see me playing in Hogwarts!"

With a chuckle, Wendy brushed his play game off and the boy threw his eyes up in defeat. All three of the Malfoy's have come to watch the game and, with a special invitation, Wendy came too. Not long after, a loud group of people joined them and Draco couldn't help but comment on their volume.

"Barbaric."

With a frown, she glared at the boy who, in turn, just shrugged his shoulders, to hide his regret. He secretly hated it when Wendy frowned upon him, more so than when his father did; sort of seemed like a piece of him wanted to burn rather than having Wendy's bad opinion.

"Isn't that our princess?" A familiar voice said aloud.

At the familiar voice and the silly nickname, Wendy turned around and saw the Weasley family alongside Harry, Hermione, and Diggory's. She quickly left her seat and walked towards them, hugging Hermione first and Harry and Ron just joined in, as the two wouldn't let go of each other.

"I missed you guys so much!"

"We missed you too!" Hermione said.

"You wouldn't have if you just came to visit!" Fred snorted.

The girl let of of her long hug and turned to see Fred, "nice to see you again, Fred."

"It's George," He spat.

"He's not Fred," the other twin said, "I'm Fred."

"Nice try," she chuckled, "but no."

The two stared at each other, as of battling on who was gonna give up first on the bluff. A few seconds passed before Fred grinned and handed out his hand in congratulations, which Wendy, took proudly.

"Wendy, the game is about to start," Draco said once he was by Wendy's side.

The happy expressions, that Wendy brought with herself, disappeared quickly when Draco arrived.

"Oh right, I'll get back soon," Wendy said.

Looking at Wendy, Draco lingered for a while before understanding that he had to leave for the Weasley's to be more comfortable and left to sit back with his parents.