Chapter 19: Dress Up

*Your POV*

The familiar buzz of my phone alerted me of a new notification. It was a text from my best friend, Ciera.

Ciera: Guess what( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You: ?

Ciera: Do you remember those cosplay outfits we wanted that were out of stock? Well... they're back in!

You: YOU ORDERED THEM, RIGHT???

Ciera: Obviouslyyy ◔‿◔

You: Sending you schmoney [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] When do they arrive?

Ciera: Girl, you know I got that next day shipping. They're already here. Can you come over today?

You: OMW!

She didn't live far from me, so I arrived at her house within thirty minutes.

"Knock knock!" I said aloud to announce my presence.

She swung the front door open and engulfed me in a tight embrace. We shifted our weight from side to side, relishing in each others' presence.

Though it had only been a couple of weeks since I last saw her in person, I missed her.

I was dragged by the wrist through her entryway and into her bedroom where a cardboard package lied on the carpet.

She flipped open the already severed lid and revealed two neatly folded uniforms. She tossed one to me, and I held it in the air, singing a single opera note comedically.

"I brought my makeup, you coming?" I asked, gesturing with my thumb.

She nodded and followed me to the bathroom where we put on full faces to match the new attire. It took a while due to the efforted detail, but the final product was well worth the time.

Once I'd finished, I stepped back and checked myself out in the mirror.

"We look good." She stated, her jaw hanging in a slight smile.

I didn't have a lot of skill when it came to painting my face, but there was no denying how hot I looked. I'd really surprised myself.

Once we'd changed clothes, I struck poses to note how I appeared at different angles.

The design was accurate, and the stitching was unexpectedly clean. The fabric hugged my body enough to accentuate my shape without being too tight.

 The fabric hugged my body enough to accentuate my shape without being too tight

We traveled outside for optimal lighting and adjusted ourselves to our liking. I used my phone to take photos and videos. She was quite picky about how they turned out, but so was I, so I retook several times.

I admitted that my arm was growing tired, so we sat down to examine my camera roll. We had a wide selection to choose from. I deleted the ones neither of us wanted and sent her the rest.