Chapter Nine: First Time

A soft knock at my door startles me awake. I groan and reach for my phone on the bedside table to check the time. The bright light hurts my eyes, making me squint to read the numbers on the screen.

01:13

Who the fuck could possibly want anything from me right now. I sit up and look at the door for a moment before there's another series of knocks. "It's open... don't expect me to get up and open the door." I say bitterly.

The door slowly opens and Crypto steps inside. Well, I didn't expect that. What's more surprising is that he's wearing black sweatpants with a loose gray tee. "Oh my god. Who are you and what have you done with Crypto?" I try to joke, but my tired voice just ruins it.

Crypto rolls his eyes, knowing that I'm referring to him not wearing tight pants. "I don't want to stay in here all night, so I just came here to thank you."

"For what?" I lean over, my elbows on my thighs as I rest my head in my hands. My eyes are slowly falling shut, but I attempt to stay awake and listen to what he has to say. "For getting Nat to talk to me. Our relationship isn't back to what it was, but we're working on it. All thanks to you." I can hear the smile in his soft voice, which only annoys me.

"Hey, can you do me a favor with your drone? Take it and go look for where the fuck I asked." I mutter angrily. He had the nerve to wake me up and now talk about his dumb girlfriend when I clearly envy her.

No, wait, I don't envy her. What's there to envy? The fact that she's so close to him and that she's constantly on his mind? Yeah, no.

Crypto scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Of course you'd react this way."

"Why do you wanna tell me this so bad? Couldn't it wait for like... I don't know, maybe when everyone's awake?" I rub my eyes before looking at him again.

God, he's so hot. Especially with his messy hair, right now. I just wanna... do so many things to him. I can't just choose one.

"I don't want to talk to you when you're wide awake. I'm not in the mood for your childish behavior. Telling you this now is good for me, because you're too tired for any snarky remarks." Crypto turns to leave the room, but stops when he hears me mumble, "It'd be real nice if you woke me up for a quick fuck instead of telling me about your dumb relationship issues."

I didn't think he'd hear it, but the look on his face tells me everything. "Why would I ever do that?" He asks, disgusted. I chuckle nervously in response as I climb back under the sheets. "Don't worry about it. You just kinda owe me one. I did manage to put an end to your lovers quarrel, didn't I?"

Crypto glares daggers at me. "She's just a friend. Why does it even matter to you, anyway?" His voice goes from annoyed to amused. Does he actually think I'm jealous?

Well, he's right, but I'm not gonna admit that.

"Oh, fuck you and the horse you rode in on. I couldn't care less. Now, please leave. I'm trying to sleep." I spit as I turn onto my side so my back is facing him.

I hear him chuckle, and then the sound of the door shutting. I turn back to face the door, staring at the now empty spot where he was standing not a few seconds ago.

Part of me wishes I asked him to stay or at least tried to make the conversation longer, but the other part of me is glad he's gone. Right now, there's no time for me to fall for someone. Especially not a target of mine.

I cringe at how cliché I am.

Typical, falling for someone you can't be with. Ew.

He probably doesn't even feel anything for me, other than the sexual desire, of course.

Suddenly, a very stupid idea pops into my head.