Chapter 25

A little time had passed and things were much calmer now; Jerome had comforted you and there was no one else there to distract you. He had taken you to his cell before anyone could see.

Even though things had died down there was still one thing burning through your brain. "Is it true?" Your voice echoed through the cell causing Jerome to turn his head in confusion "is what true?" He asked.

"What she said. About the two of you" You forced your eyes away from him as he stood up rather quickly. "Of course not! I saw her once or twice around here but I've never spoken to her let alone done anything with her!" He seemed angry that you even mentioned the thought but you couldn't help it, not after what happened with your ex.

Of course you believed him more than that girl, she was an inmate at Arkham after all but there was still a part of you that just couldn't stop thinking about what she said and if any of it could've been true.

"Ok I'm sorry I asked, I just wanted confirmation" You sighed feeling guilty for even asking anything but Jerome came and sat next to you, kissing your forehead and whispering in your ear "it's alright love, I understand".

----------

It had been a few days and each minute spent in the asylum seemed to get longer and longer. You had no idea why people thought this place was going to help treat people; the more time spent in this place only seemed to drive you more crazy than you already were. How Jerome managed to stay in here for as long as he did you would never know.

The inmates were beginning to get used to you being around, most didn't care but there were still a few that wasn't on board with the idea. You would occasionally get people saying stuff behind your back or trying to hurt you in any way they could but you somehow managed to ignore them every time.

The girl was sent to Arkham's hospital wing so she hadn't bothered you since, and Jerome was being his usual self. He had briefly talked about his plans to escape but you didn't know much, you just knew it involved two men going by the names 'Crane' and 'Tetch', whoever they were.

"Food time!" A guard had come round banging on all the cell doors yelling like he did every evening. You dragged your body off the bed and stood by the door waiting for it to be unlocked.

"Form a line and start walking down" The door opened as the guard begun directing inmates towards the far wall, and off you went.
The halls soon increased in noise with people talking, laughing, singing and their footsteps draping over the floor, some jumping or kicking. Some days you felt sorry for the ones that really were crazy, seeing the way they handled themselves and the way they lived their life. It was awful.

You really needed the bathroom so when no one was looking you ducked out of the line and headed towards the nearest bathroom, besides you weren't missing out on any good food.

Luckily there were no guards in any hallway you walked through so you got their quickly but as you were coming out, you saw something that made your stomach drop to the floor. There, in a near corridor stood the same girl who insulted you, kissing Jerome. She must've been dismissed from the hospital but that wasn't your concern.

Everything she said about the two of them must've been true. You felt burning tears slowly release from your eyes, trailing down your cheeks as you stormed up to them.
"You've never spoken to her, huh! Never DONE ANYTHING WITH HER! NO!?" Jerome's face shot towards you looking more worried than he'd ever been.

"Y/n it's not what it looks like" He held his hands out giving the same petty excuse everyone gave. You weren't buying it for a second. "Tell her what you done!" Jerome yelled at the girl who had a rather large grin on her face "Well. You're 'boyfriend' here, couldn't resist me. He found me and kissed me with such passion" Her words were slow and sarcastic making your blood boil. "ARE YOU FOR REAL!?" Jerome shot back at her, murder in his eyes.