A glass of coke and ice was placed in front of me and the order Xerai had made was placed in front of him.

"So... What's a kid like you doing in a place like this?" Xerai asked.

Seems he's decided to make me his target. Perfect.

"I'm just looking for a good time. Being so goodie-goodie all the time is exhausting, you know?" I replied, swirling my drink, and looking at my reflection through the liquid. I had put in some blue contact lenses because my eyes stand out too much, my hair could be pushed off as a coincidence but my eyes... Well, it's not common to come across someone with a scarlet eye and gold eye. It's strange.

I even had my metal arm in place, and it had been disguised and layered in so much makeup to make it look and feel like a normal human arm because that's also a big stand out point. I might've died if I had to sit with Reya and Nejire any longer.

"I can imagine," Xerai placed a hand on my back, "why not join me? I'll show you some fun."

"Lead the way," I shot him a fake but convincing curious look and watched as he stood up, he offered me his arm and I took it, standing and allowing him to lead. I glanced back to see Tamaki awkwardly shifting on the spot, frowning slightly. I directed him a smile and then focused forward.

We walked into a back room. It was dark and once we were far enough inside, Xerai pushed me further in. I tripped on something and fell. But what I didn't expect was to not actually hit the floor. I was falling and falling until I suddenly sunk beneath a pool of water.

Crap—

I went to swim up, but something grabbed my ankle.

Crap. Crap. Crap—

I bit the inside of my mouth to prevent me from opening and trying to get air and activated my quirk to try and see what was going on. My fire burned for a few seconds before being dulled and disappearing. But those few seconds were all I needed to see that there was a piece of rope wrapped around my ankle.

Swimming down, I pulled on the rope, trying to tug it free. My head began to feel like it was going to explode the longer that I had to hold my breath.

Can't... Breathe...

Can't... Hold on...

... Running... Out... Of...

My grip slacked and my body grew heavy as my ability to hold on any longer reduced to a mere nothing.

And I started to just awkwardly float in spot, the rope keeping me in place.

Sorry, Tamaki, guess this is all up to you now.

Just as my vision was darkening, a hand was plunged into the water, and I was dragged up and pulled out of the water.

"Hey! Stay awake! You've got to spit out of that water," the voice shouted, "come on, Hailie!"

Wait.

Hailie?

Lowell?

What's Lowell doing here?

Suddenly, a punch to my gut caught me and forced me to cough up all the water I'd ended up inhaling.

"L-Lowell..?" I shot him a confused look as I caught my breath again, "w-what're you doing h-here? I thought you... returned to America?"

"Well... Funny story," he grinned, "I am now a travelling aid."

"Aid?" I repeated, confused as I leaned against a wall, "who uses that term in this day and age?"