Chapter 26 (Bonus: Jacob and MATT'S POV)

Start from the beginning

"I'll take her to her favorite Italian restaurant" he said and I nodded slowly

"Ok, and how are you gonna ask her to be your girlfriend?" I asked him and he looked deep in thought.

"Why don't you do it on the front steps when you take her home?" I suggested and he nodded

"Ok, lets do that" he said and I made a face

"You mean you" I said pointedly

"Right" he said and laughed nervously. Oh boy.

-1 hour later-

I made reservations for Matt at the restaurant and he told me he was going to her house to ask her out now. He went with the all of the above. I should've known. I wish him luck.

-Matt's POV-

I walked up to the door, struggling to press the doorbell since I was holding a bunch of shit in my arms. Before I could even reach the doorbell someone opened the door. I stretched my head so I can see over the teddy bear and looked at who it was. It was Dill's mom, she was my mother's friend so she knew me, or at least I hoped she remembered me.

"Matthew! What are you doing here?" she asked surprised and I felt my face turn red

"Um, I came to see Daniella" I said shyly and I saw her raise an eyebrow before looking at the stuff I was holding and smirked.

"Oh, ok. I'm going go do groceries. There's no one in the house right now. Have fun!" she said and walked out quickly leaving  the door open so I can go in. I felt my cheeks get even hotter as I stepped in the house.

"Dill?" I said and I heard a soft reply from in the living room so I started walking there.

She was on the couch laying down eating ice cream and watching TV. She was wearing fuzzy pants and a huge t-shirt, and she looked adorable. I grinned.

"So, it this what you do on your weekends?" I said and leaned against the wall. At the sound of my voice she screamed and jumped up. I laughed and she glared at me.

"You scared me!" she yelled angrily and I was still laughing. Finally, I stopped like 2 minutes later to see her fuming with her arms crossed. 

"Sorry" I said still slightly smiled

"Sure" she huffed and sat down

I brought all the stuff I had left on the table in the house and went to stand in front of her. She looked at me surprised when she saw all the stuff, and I rubbed the back of my neck nervously.

"Um, would you like to go to dinner with me this afternoon?" I asked nervously and she smiled when I handed her everything

"I'd love to" she said after a few agonizing seconds and I grinned

"Phew." I said and wiped the sweat that had formed on my forehead. Was it hot in here or was it just me?

"You wont regret! I'll pick you up at 7!" I said as I walked out of the house and I heard her yell back and ok. I have to call Jacob and tell him.