Chapter 11

-Jasmine's POV-

Startled, I look up to see no one else but the devil, aka Jacob. I quickly threw my songbook, that I was currently writing in behind me and acted like that did not just happen. When Jacob saw my action he eyed me suspiciously, but thankfully he let it go. 

"What are you doing out here?" Jacob asked me. Ughhh! It's none of his beeswax. I HATE when someone asks me these type of questions like, "Are you ok?" whenever I get hurt. I mean you can clearly see I am not ok. 

I rolled my eyes at him "Fresh air, and peace. But obviously that can't happen since your here." 

"Ok, no need to be a bitch. I was leaving anyway" He snapped coldly

"Do I look like I care." I said and gave him an unimpressed look. 

"Fuck you" He muttered angrily and walked away. Well someone is in a great mood, note the sarcasm. 

I reached behind me and pulled out my songbook. It was a gift to me from my grandma on my dad's side of the family, she gave it to me a month before she passed away. We weren't really close but I still cried when she died. Hey! that rhymed. The boo was pink, I guess, with a metal design covering it. It didn't come with a lock but I wish it did. No one and I mean NO ONE, knows that I write songs and that I sing. My parents, friends, and every living soul doesn't know about this. Your probably thinking... How did I get a songbook as a gift then? Well, I'll answer your question, I was actually given to me as a diary and I MADE it into a song book. 

I don't want anyone to know because, I find it embarrassing. I don't even know if I sing good, I just like doing it! It would also ruin my whole cheer leading, popular girl reputation thing too. I once heard a rumor that Chelsea, a girl that used to be the popular girl of this school 4 years ago, liked to dance. She didn't want anyone to know, which is kind of like my situation too. However, one day she was practicing and someone took a video of her and sent it to everyone. She was shunned, why you ask I have no idea! but anyway she was shunned and no one ever talked to her except for her boyfriend of 3 years. I don't know if it is true, but I do know I DO NOT want to end up like that so I am keeping it to myself for now. 

I smiled when I finally completed the song I've been working on for the past week. I closed the book and I couldn't wait until I go home to sing it. I put the book in my bag and walked back in the school building since lunch is over now. 

-A few hours later-

The school day went by fast and before I knew it I was on my way to pick up my brother. I stopped in front of his school and waited for him to come out. While waiting I see Jacob also waiting in front of the school. Jacob has a younger sibling too, his sister Sophia. She is around my brother's age.

I look at the school's exit to find Max and Sophia walking out together, Sophia laughing at something my brother said. They went their separate ways and Max came over to me. I make a suggestive face at him while gesturing to Sophia with my eyes. My brother blushed...wait hold up MY BROTHER BLUSHED!!!!!!!!!! I looked at him my mouth ajar and eyes widened. He looks everywhere but my eyes.

"YOU LIKE SOPHIA!" I shouted 

My brother covered my mouth with his hand, which mind you smelled like perfume...hmmmm I wondered if it could've been Sophia's.

"Do you have to be so loud?" He whispered-yelled

"And yes, yes I do" He said and looked down

I screamed but stopped when he gave me a glare. This is awesome they are so cute together.

"Awwwwwwwwwwww" I said out loud smiling. 

"Whatever" Max mumbled and got in the car. I rolled my eyes and got in the car too. When I got home I made some food for Max, cause I wasn't really hungry and I LOVE cooking and BAKING  so why not? I went up to my room and locked my doors, windows, etc and closed my blinds. I got my guitar and strummed softly.