"I can't help you if you don't talk", she said to me.

"Something in me broke and I started crying not because she knew some of what was happening to me. But for the beating and starvation that would happen if I told her the truth.

"Did you know I contracted social services three months ago. I saw your fear no it wasn't fear it was dread. When we were in the office with your father. He told them you were anorexic and was very weak so fell a lot. I'm guessing they(social services)didn't speak to you". I shake my head and then told her everything.

"I just needed a guarantee that I wouldn't be allowed home that day". As I listen to Sophia's story I start to cry.

I take her hand, "I'm so sorry you had to deal with that but look at you now. You got stronger and you're attending university. You even starting a charity to help other at risk kids that I will be honoured to be a patron of".

She was in shock I just decided then and there to do it. Everyone was looking at me in surprise.

"My hope with this conference is that the money that's given to the different charities here is use at the grassroots level. That's why I organised this conference in the first place. We have to realise when a teen leaves home and goes into care. And then leaves care and are given a flat they need help to kit out their flat. Counselling, clothes and a place to go where they can feel safe other than their home. This is what all the charities here do I'm so humbled to be here with all of you".

After my speech we discuss some fundraising ideas. When the engagement was over I felt hope and sadness. Hope because the abuse of children is slowing not becoming a hidden thing. Then sadness that people can make a call and say someone is in trouble. Yet the person in trouble can fall through the cracks.

Gabriella and I was in my living room after the engagement.

"I know today's engagement was hard for you. You experience some of what that girl has been through yourself. but you can't just decide to become a patron of a charity just like that. It needs to be checked out to make sure the accounting is correct. That there is no scandal involved with them".

"I was too emotional".

"Yes", she replies. "In the course of your lifetime you're unfortunately going to hear a lot of stories that will upset you. You need to put your feelings aside and remember you're to be a future queen and need to be Stoic at all times. You need to be careful of your association".

I was angry listening to her but she was right. I needed to be able to listen and not do spontaneous things because of my emotions. I can see why Camila recommended her.

I thank her for the advice and dismiss her. I change my clothes and go into the kitchen and start baking. I take a break and have a slice of freshly cooked lasagna with some bread.  Diego walks in the kitchen.

"There you're. Do you still have a lot of baking to do?"

"If you give me a hand I'll be done in no time". He washes his hands and start placing cherries into the pie dish. On the way back to our apartment he ask me what's wrong. I tell him.

"Don't hate me but Gabriella was right it's okay to show emotions now and then. But you really shouldn't have decided to become a patron on the spot like that. In some ways we have to be cold on engagements. It's how we don't end up with mental health issues.

He hugs me, "You will be fine. We need to get ready for the reception". 

I know I did a stupid thing giving the patronage out and I can't even defend myself. I have a shower and brush my teeth and walk out the bathroom to see my lady's maid. She was waiting to do my hair and makeup and to help me dress.