Alternate Storyline #4

Start from the beginning

You'd never known.

Your lack of a response or a reaction whatsoever, depletes his courage and faith to continue at all. As you slowly slide off his lap, his sweater still around your shoulders, he puts distance between the both of you to allow you space.

"I'm sorry," he murmurs, lowering his head again. "You're right. You don't have to say anything. And you probably don't feel the same way either so..." He smiles a little to himself, pressing his lips together as he nods to himself, accepting whatever had turned out from what he'd said.

"Yoongi..."

"Yeah?" he says, sounding a little disheartened. 

You hesitate a little before you say your next words, as if you still don't know yet yourself. "What...what makes you think I don't feel the same way?"

He stops still, as if frozen in the moment. Lifting his head as he turns to look at you, his eyes are heavy with concern and confusion as he asks, absent-mindedly. 

"Huh?"

"I..." you begin, finding it difficult to respond. You aren't even sure what's making you say this, but perhaps it was something deep within your heart that resonated with him that was speaking. It hurt you to see him looking down like this especially after he'd comforted you just moments ago. Furthermore, there was something about Yoongi was glowing now to you, that came into a light you'd never seen before. But before you can identify of any of that, you had to understand what was going on. 

"I mean...I don't know what's going to even happen if we..." you continue, fumbling over you words. "Like...what will happen to us? And what makes it different? How will...what w-"

He takes your hand in his, his lips curving a little upwards in adoration and secret fondness as he sees you stammer and avoid his eyes just like he'd done when he'd confessed. Rubbing his thumb over the top of your hand, he rests his head to the side and looks into your eyes agin, comfortingly. 

"I'll show you."

Trust me, is what he wanted to say. Have faith in me, in us, Y/N. I won't let you down. I'll make you happy and feel loved, because that's honestly all that I've been wanting to do for a while now. 

And then in that cold winter night, something flickers by his ears. A shiny greenish gold light flickers, blinking in and out of the darkness. It's then followed by another little light and then another and another as they begin to gather and hover around the both of you. 

Before you know it, you're surrounded by hundreds of fireflies lighting up what was once a cold, neglecting atmosphere making it romantic, warm and safe. It didn't take you long however to realise where these fireflies had suddenly come from. Either they'd appeared naturally to aid their ally or he'd called upon them to impress you. 

"Fireflies?" You grin, as you can't help smiling at the irony of the setting. 

"Hey, I can get you snowbirds if you want," he laughs leaning back on his arms a little as he adds, for fun. "Or a winter bear." You laugh at that, thinking that he was after all, a type of Snow White. He could have the whole forest here just for you. In the soft blinking light of the fireflies you look at him, at his eyes who had never once left your face. He was probably cold as he'd given you his jacket, and you were no longer sitting close to him. Nevertheless, he looked like a snow prince, his beauty somehow enhanced not just by the fireflies and the snow but by everything he's said to you. 

He made you feel at home, he was willing to wait, to accept anything you told him, to listen to in times of anger or hurt and to protect you by whatever means he could. He was, perhaps, the most caring person of the group too, even if he never showed it and the fact that he even loved you with a deeper affection was probably something that made him all the more precious. 

"I don't want any of that," you tell him, after a moment's silence. Instead, you lean forward until you face is inches in front of him as you look deeply back at him, smiling slowly. He waits, unmoving, not sure if your answer had been something neglecting or embracing. 

However, your next actions clear him of all doubt. 

"I just want this."

Hesitating no longer, you close the gap between the two of you, pressing your lips against his and kissing him. His lips are cold and frozen in the weather but they part warmly to kiss you back as his arm immediately goes around your lower back to erase the gap between your bodies again. He pulls into his lap, your body warmth warming him again as he'd been freezing ever since you'd moved away. Your legs wrap around his waist as kisses you passionately from under you with his head looked upwards. His eyelashes brush against your as he kisses slow and long as if cherishing each and every kiss exchanged between the both of you. 

When you pull away, leaning back to look at his face again, a reddish tint has warmed up his cheeks and his hair has fallen in front of his eyes. He grins a little as he leans back himself, looking at you, his eyes shining with happiness. 

"Well..." he says, softly. 

"You can have that as much as you want."

[i see you guys are enjoying the alternate storylines hehe]

[p.s happy birthday to our WWH who's 28 today 🥺 and still crying over his gift to us]