Chapter 1

"No! Please! Don't leave me!", A woman said crying over me.

I gasped for air as pain rushed through my entire body. I removed my hand from my stomach and saw the palms of my suit covered with blood. The sound of a gun shoot echoed through the air and I began to struggle to stay conscious.

*****Pause Time****

Oh, hey. I bet you're wondering who this is and why the hell I'm even in this situation. Well, to explain that we have to go back four days ago.

**Time reverse four days ago.**

Hi, I'm Ashton Heights. I'm 28 years old, tall, has ruffled brown hair, slightly tanned skin, and dark brown eyes. I'm wearing a Cyan shirt and dark blue jeans with white sneakers. Right now it's the middle of spring and I'm walking down the halls of NASA itself with my best friend Marcus Calisto. He's 28 has dark skin, short curly black hair, dark brown eyes and is slightly shorter than me. He's wearing and orange shirt with black jeans and blue sneakers. He has been my best friends since, forever! You are probably wondering why we are at NASA. Well my friends, Marcus and I are astronauts and today is the day we go to space for the first time. We're to be part of THE first team of people to go to Mars!

"Gah!", I said as I tripped over something.

"Ha! Better look where you're going you dork!", a man who was much taller than me, had messy black hair, a fair complexion, blue eyes and was quite muscular. He wore a brown polo shirt and black jeans with black and white sneakers. That's Michael Douglas and he's just one year older than me. He pulled his foot out of the way and was leaning against the wall.

"Seriously Michael. Don't you have anything better to do?", Marcus asked as he helped me up.

"Pff, giving you dorks trouble was the best thing I could do right now.", he folded his arms.

"Hey guys!", a feminine voice called out.

I looked at the direction we we're just coming from and saw a woman with long brown hair, amber eyes, fair skin, a bit shorter than me and was slim. She wore a yellow crop top with a light blue jeans jacket and blue skinny jeans with white and lemon-yellow shoes. That's Abby -or Abbigail which ever one you want-, my awesome girlfriend since high school and with her was her best friend and Marcus' girlfriend, Sasha. Sasha has a slightly lighter complexion than Marcus, same height as Abby and light brown eyes and natural hair that is twisted and in a ponytail. She was wearing a pink t-shirt pushed into her blue jeans and had brown sandals on. Both she and Abby are 26 and have been friends since pre-school. They are practically joined by the hip.

"C'mon Marcus, why don't you stop picking on them and go get ready.", Abby said walking over to me.

"Uhh, I was just playing with them. Geez, you guys can't take a joke.", He said walking off to his friend Joe down the hall.

Joe has sunglasses on the top of his head, green eyes, an inch shorter than Michael and was just as muscular. He has messy blonde hair and was wearing, a lime green shirt and jeans jacket along with black jeans and red and white sneakers.

"Dude are you seriously gonna listen to a girl?", Joe mocked him as they walked off.

"Shut up Joe.", Michael responded.

Just as they passed the corner Abby threw herself on me hugging me.

"Woow! Hey, what's up?", I asked.

Sasha and Marcus where holding each other's hands and Abby and beaming brightly.

"I'm just so excited! We are actually going to go to space!", she said excitedly.