Nodding his head disbelief on Omprakash who was already following his imaginary aroma, Manik followed behind him too "How I wish you could show some of that enthusiasm while drinking decoction too."

"Shut up! Don't jinx my excitement." Omprakash chided nurtured throwing a quick glare at Manik "Now make the good use of that long legs and walk fast."

"Aye aye, captain."

Taking a delicious moment of long inhalation of the sweetest thing one can find in Varanasi, Omprakash sighed with a hum savoring the last spoonful of rabdi "It's like relishing heaven in your mouth?"

"As if you know how heaven actually tastes." Commented Manik sarcastically from beside with his arms locked over his chest whereas Omprakash snorted "You won't know unless you taste this rabdi. Ask Nandini. She is as die heart rabdi eater as me."

A little smile and then Manik was cut short of reply until Omprakash realised his words.
Tossing the disposal bowl into the trash, Omprakash cleared his throat "You know what is it today?"

Giving attention to the old man by his side, Manik stayed quiet whereas Omprakash smiled "It's Mahashivratri. A night of the marriage between lord Shiva and goddess Parvati. It is also called a night of reunion between two lovers."

Seeing Manik having the intention behind his talk, Omprakash proposed slowly "If you want I can make her talk to you over call because there won't be any better way to reunite with her again-"

"-Your feet seems to be swelling. " Manik cut in breathlessly fowning shortly looking at Omprakash's feet "I think we should head home. You might need some good warm foot massage."

Finding he being hesitant to talk on the subject, Omprakash sighed "You are right."

"Yeah, let me first just get some of these rabdi packed for Sloke and Meera too." Said Manik walking away from Omprakash's who had his concerned watch over him.

Over this fifteen month, Omprakash never saw Manik shattered again except the day of his birthday.

He remembers it all like yesterday how Manik in his early disheveled morning appearance came knocking on their door.

How he was racking and looking each nook of the entire Sharma residence for one glance of her.

How despite of everybody explaining he wouldn't believe she left.

How despite being a sturdy-self he crumbled down on his knees, all broken and shattered, until he was given a letter.

A letter which was meant for him by her.

A letter which fixed Manik into how he has represented himself before everyone after that one day.

A letter that no one knows what is written in it.

And everyone, including Omprakash are curious thinking what might has Nandini wrote in that letter vfor him.

Smiling warmly for Sadhana who offered him Prasad from her worship, Manik looked around the house of Sharmas before walking his way straight into the kitchen with the packet of rabdi he brought.

"Good morning, Amma."

Neelam beamed "Oh Manik ji. You have come so at the right time."

Walking inside the kitchen, Manik chucked the packet of rabdi inside the fridge and sighed contently along when a sweet warm aroma of Halwa Neelam was preparing hit his nostrils "Mhmm! Smells so good. You know I love your made halwa more than Maa."