eight ; rise of the cyberman part three / age of steel part one

Start from the beginning

Luna rolled her eyes. Of course he was involved. Consequently, that meant Rose and the Doctor were involved too. Should she even be surprised? The trouble the Doctor got into when taking a walk...Luna's heart sped up a little at the thought of seeing him again. She swallowed, looking away from the floor as a blush rose to her cheeks. Luna needed to stop seeing him like that -- to get all nervous and doe-eyed around him. They were friends! Nothing more. Any crush she had on him was ridiculous.

Besides, he was far too old for her. And he was too alien. And too distant. And who knew if he could even feel that way. Perhaps, because he was an alien he didn't have the capacity to romanticize with anyone, especially a human girl.

Added on to that...Luna sighed. Anyone could see how Rose felt about the Doctor, Luna knew from the moment she'd met them. She couldn't do that to Rose. Despite their arguments and problems, they were friends. Luna could never hurt Rose like that.

"They've been attacked!" Missus Moore gasped, glancing at Luna. "Something's got them, we've got to help."

Luna perked up. "Drive the car!" She told the woman and Missus Moore nodded, speeding down the road to where a group of metal robots appeared to be circling something.

"Are those...?" Luna shook her head. "Robots. Of course they're big, classic, metal robots. Not terminator robots, or clockwork robots, but fucking Tin-Man robots I don't even..."

"Get in!" Luna shouted, opening the van door and biting her lip as the boys rushed in, while the Doctor, Rose, and Pete Tyler followed a bit further behind.

"Finished chatting? Never seen a slower getaway in my life!" Missus Moore exclaimed as she sped off, the Doctor and Rose clambering inside.

Luna grinned, meeting the Doctor's eyes as a smile found it's way on his face. "Luna!" He exclaimed, leaning over and pulling her into a hug, cramped due to the lack of space in the van. "I worried about you, thought something might have happened."

She shook her head, smile still present on her face as they pulled back, sitting opposite each other. "To me? Please, Doc, I'm a bad bitch. All I did was save your stupid self and meet my dead sister, oh, did I mention that's Mickey's twin from a different universe?"

His smile fell a bit and the rest of the group watched their exchange. She held the smile, faking, she had to fake it before she broke down, and he sighed. "I'm sorry, Luna," he told her honestly, turning around and finding the only other Korean in the van. "You must be Leia?"

Leia nodded. "Yeah, this is weird for me too. Who are you two, then?" She asked, pointing to Rose and him.

He smiled. "I'm the Doctor, this is Rose Tyler."

Rose nodded. "Hi," she waved.

"Never mind all that," Ricky shook his head. "What is that thing?" He pointed to the TARDIS power cell.

"Little bit of technology from my home."

Luna's head tilted. Home. She thought back to their conversation on the TARDIS, where he explained once having a sister and "a lot of things." She wondered where he was from. Was he kicked out? She watched him speak to Ricky, realizing that answer couldn't possibly be true. He held his shoulders and had the same look in his eyes as her -- he'd known loss. He'd known devastation, beyond her comprehension. The simplest answer had to have been that he lost the planet, or perhaps it was destroyed. Maybe something happened to it and he could never go home. Maybe it was stuck in a parallel universe too.

Luna sighed, reigning herself back into the conversation.

"Talk about executions, you'll make me your enemy," The Doctor told them earnestly. Luna bit her lip, fighting back a smile. She didn't feel threatened by his words -- actually, she found it a bit attractive. Luna shook her head. God, she needed to get laid. "And take some really good advice. You don't want to do that."