three ; school reunion part three

chapter three ; school reunion

✰☾✰

LUNA BIT HER NAIL HABITUALLY AS THE DOCTOR EXPLAINED HIS PAST AND IDENTITY. They'd all hitched at Sarah Jane's house, hoping to get some rest before saving the school in the morning. Luna didn't exactly know what she'd do to help -- except maybe evacuate some students.

"...and I travel through time and space."

Luna blinked. "Wait," she held up her hand with wide eyes. "You can see travel anywhere in time? Like, say I wanted to visit The Beatles, I could?"

He smirked. "Well, yeah," his smile widened into a blinded grin. "Great men, they are."

Luna smiled. "You've met them?"

He nodded. "Oh, yes, loads of times. Who do you think they wrote 'Strawberry Fields' about?"

Luna squealed, moving closer to him in awe. "You've got a song written about you from the fucking Beatles?" She shook her head. "Sorry, I just -- that's the coolest thing I've ever heard. You are the coolest person."

"I know!"

They both burst in to laughter before Rose entered the bedroom. "You alright in here?"

Luna turned around with a smile. "Yeah, he was just explaining what he's done and stuff."

"The whole Time Lord bit?" Rose asked.

The Doctor glanced at Luna. "Well, skimmed a bit, but I think she got the gist of it. Time Lord, ancient, traveller."

Luna nodded. "Yeah, he's a bit old. What'd you say, 900-something?"

The Doctor scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, but I don't like to brag about it."

Luna smiled, letting out a breath. "So, you're a Time Lord, you save planets and stars, travel in a police box -- I still don't understand why you chose that form -- and you have some magic screwdriver that unlocks everything."

He shrugged. "Sonic, it's a sonic screwdriver and it doesn't work on wood."

"Aye, captain, thank you."

✰☾✰

"Rose, Luna, and Sarah, you go to the Maths room. Crack open those computers, I need to see the hardware inside. Here, you might need this."

Luna frowned. "Won't it look strange if I'm not in class. I'm already late as it is."

He looked at her outfit, jeans and the blouse from the day before. "Well, you're not exactly dressed for it."

She slapped his arm gently. "Oi, rude. We've talked about how to charm women and that certainly isn't the way to do it."

He grinned. "Only teasing," he moved back slightly, giving her a strange look, smile falling a bit. "It'll only look weird if you make it weird. Just pretend you're doing something for class."

Luna raised her eyebrows. "Alright then, you're the boss."

The Doctor held his hand out, handing the sonic screwdriver to Sarah Jane -- though Rose looked frustrated, slipping her hand back down. "Mickey, surveillance," The Doctor ordered. "I want you outside."

"Just stand outside?"

The Doctor nodded. "Blimey, between you and Luna, we'll never get anything done."

Sarah Jane looked at Mickey, tossing her keys at him. "Here, take these you can keep K9 company."

"Don't forget to leave the window open a crack," The Doctor reminded him.