Prologue: Foreboding

The air was dry and warm, a typical climate for a middle eastern city. This specific area was where the market district sat. Stalls lined the streets filled with goods of all kinds. And there were even restaurants and food vendors along it as well. It would've been a good place to go for a nice meal after a long day. If only it weren't for the circumstances of the current situation of the area.

The once-bustling market district filled with life and chatter was now a blown and shot up street of rubble and debris. No one comes here anymore unless it was just passing through. And at the moment, someone was. The city's sewer lines that ran along the area ran through the district was broken due to an artillery shell that was dropped previously and was now leaking sewage into the street. But what was also mixed into the sewage was something that was definitely recognizable to anyone who sees it. The dark red liquid that ran through every sentient living thing on the planet. The elixir of life.

Blood.

And lot's of it.

Though it mixed with the sewage, it was still pure enough to somewhat act like a mirror to whoever gazes upon it. A window into one's soul. One can look at it and see who they really were. If they were to just focus on it.

Unfortunately, that won't be happening anytime soon as a figure zoomed across the puddle, stepping on it and obscuring the image completely to be nothing more than just a pool of pure red liquid that radiated a foul smell. But there was no time to look for the figure as he kept running.

Wearing the brownish-green patterned suit of a military operative, complete with the gear for such an occupation, the figure kept running as fast as he could. He kept running, rounding a corner once he reached it and speeding up again. He sharply turned his head to look behind him as he heard a blood-curdling scream followed by an explosion that obliterated his previous position. If that wasn't an indicator to pick up the pace, then he didn't know what was. So he pushed himself to run faster.

His DMR combined with his abilities could likely take care of the threat in only a short moment. But the guy trailing him knew things, and his orders were clear. Be the bait and lure in the catch into the trap. And that was what he was gonna do. The trap was set, he just needed to lure them in and the others would take care of the rest.

Rounding another corner, he saw an archway that led into the trap. Looking back he also saw the cloaked figure gunning it for him, their eyes glowing a deep red. To keep the illusion that he was only just on the run, he whirled around and engaged. He fired a burst of rounds from his rifle which were dodged by his pursuer, as he expected. Putting up the facade of a scared runner, he ran again.

He was almost past the archway when everything exploded all around him. He stopped in his tracks, recoiling a bit even. He looked around to see a black forming a whirlwind with him in the center all around him. He spun around to see the cloaked figure staring a few feet away from him with those same glowing red eyes. He raised his rifle and emptied the rest of his magazine at the figure only for his shot to evaporate into the air all around him.

A chill ran down his spine as he felt the very real, unfeigned, fear run through him.

The cloaked figure reached out and pulled off the cloak and threw it away. A black mass replaced whatever was underneath and began to expand. All the while the soldier merely watched in horror. Eventually, the mass expanded to a towering seven meters in height, ominously looming over him. Then the mass dispersed to reveal a large figure.

What he saw, made his blood run cold...

Standing at seven meters tall was a humanoid figure who had a feminine physique. She wore a black dress and a matching cape. Her skin was as white as if it was dead with what looked like her veins flowing with black material. Her hair was the same color as her skin and styled in a form unknown to him, and then there were her eyes, which were all red except her pupils which were also black. She looked down at him and smirked mischievously.

Though he was obviously afraid, he was not going down without a fight. His own eyes began to glow a bright white color as he charged up his own power, preparing to fight for his life.

Then he noticed something....

She was not looking at him.

Once he tracked her pupils he noticed that she was instead looking at another figure which had materialized out of nowhere. The new arrival was significantly smaller than the woman, shorter than him even. This new figure wore a red cloak with their face hidden by the hood. He tried to get a closer look but noticed the tall woman conjuring up dark energy in her hands, lifting it up as well. His eyes widened in recognition of what she was trying to do and rushed forward to grab the figure in red before she could complete her attack.

But it was too late...

The ball of energy fell among them and everything engulfed into a bright explosion, enveloping everything around them.

He shot up from his lying position on his bed, his eyes glowing bright with energy, prepared to counter any threat present. But there were none. The white glow dissipated as he calmed down reveal calmer silvery-gray ones. It was still dark out, and he noticed that even his team was still asleep. With a groan, he fell back down on the bed and forced himself to sleep.

It was just a lousy nightmare. It doesn't mean anything.

Right?

***

AN: Eyyo! New story again! Hooray! This is probably gonna suck for me...

More about will be explained later in the story but here's the general gist of it. This is an isekai story because I like isekai stories. This is not an xReader story, Wattpad has too many of that already, instead this is an OC story. There will be romances between the characters but it will be a slow burn because I want to make it more meaningful for them, instead of them just falling in love with no development whatsoever, I'm not that lazy of an author.

And no, I don't ship Bumblebee, so don't bother...

And my stupid ass would probably rant about RWBY later on, but please just bear with me. Though I do that, I still really like RWBY. If I hated or even just disliked it, I wouldn't have found a way to bypass RT First to watch the new episode every week, nor would I read fics every day, much less write one.

Anyway, that's it for now, thank you so much for reading, and I'll see y'all in the next one. Peace!