if i were you pt. 2: fives

Summary: It's been half a month since Fives first appeared in your room. He's settled into your home because he knows there's no way of getting home. Everything is peaceful, and you find comfort in each other. Your parents come home today, and you have to find out a way to hide him from them

Warnings: Borderline abuse (very brief), mentions of abuse/violence, pressure from school, COVID-19 mentions, swearing

"--and then I slug him in the jaw and he's so shocked that he can't move!" You shake your head as Fives continues reminiscing about a short run-in with some 'Separatist scum'. You can't say it's not entertaining when you yourself absolutely despise the Seps for what they've done during the Clone Wars. The guy definitely deserved it. Fives continues on for a while, telling his favourite stories about the 501st as he sips on the juice you'd given him earlier.

You eventually decide to move to the living room, where it's much more comfortable than the kitchen. Picking up the remote and flopping down on the couch, you turn on the TV.

It's still mesmerizing to Fives. He's seen you scroll through Disney Plus, Netflix, and Hulu so many times, yet he can't get over the amount of shows available. Sure, there was the holonet back at home, but that couldn't ever compare to the media here. Everything was in colour, and it wasn't as bulky as a holoprojector.

Suddenly, you pause, hovering over the show Star Wars the Clone Wars. It's written in giant blocky letters in yellow, so it catches Fives's eye rather quickly. "Is that the show I'm in?" he lightly inquires. There's a cold sensation in his gut, but he ignores it. You nod, mindlessly clicking on it. "I grew up with this show. It's taught me more about life than anything else, really. When I was in a pretty bad place it helped me pull through."

There's a soft smile on your face that Fives admires more than anything in the galaxy. It's like an invisible warm hug, and it engulfs him in an overwhelming amount of happiness. A loud fanfare of...something (he's never really known any instruments) bombards his ears, and he's turning to the screen so fast that he could have given himself whiplash.

Admiral Yularen's voice fills the quiet space. He has to restrain himself from straightening up because it's just a show. But that's when something happens. He catches sight of himself on screen, saluting to his Captain and General. The screen freeze for a second, and it ripples like a hologram. The image of himself disappears, and then the TV goes static, flashing in a mixture of blues, grays, blacks, and greens.

"This can't be good." he says, mostly to himself. You glare at the screen, randomly pushing the buttons on the remote as if it'd fix everything. It doesn't and you know this, but you continue anyway as Fives's gaze darts from you to the TV. A short sigh escapes your lips. "My parents are going to--"

You freeze, cutting yourself off as a familiar rumble catches your ear. Fives hops to his feet as you drop the remote, silently making his way to the window just above the driveway. You follow him as he takes a peek behind the curtains. It's silent for a moment and you know you hadn't been mistaken.

"(Y/n), are these your parents?"

"Dank ferrick."

Fives looks surprised at your colourful answer before smirking to himself. That's soon wiped off his face as the front door knob begins to jiggle. You both lock gazes, eyes wide in terror. "You have to hide!" You turn off the TV and frantically knot your hand in his. And suddenly, you're practically flying up the stairs with Fives in tow. You didn't even know you could run that fast, but maybe that was because you knew your 'fight or flight' had been activated.

You throw open the door to your room and slam it behind as the front door opens. Fives is scurrying into the closet as you scramble to stuff whatever evidence of his existence into his arms. He tosses his sweaters, trousers, and shirts (you bought with your own money) as deep into your closet as he can. You flick off the lights and open your curtains wide.