"Yeah, I'm... pulling in now," he hangs up, pulling into her driveway.

"Thanks," she gets in, looking around his car, immediately making a concerned face. "I really-"

"Don't say a word about Roscoe," he warns.

"Have you ever been to a car wash?" she looks confused, pointing to the dust collecting on the dashboard.

"Yes," he remarks, putting her finger down.

"Once?"

"Twice actually, thank you."

"Stiles, that's so unsanitary," she shivers in disgust.

"They cost money Carson. Not everyone's parents are rich."

"Sorry," she leans back, somewhat offended by the statement. She knew she had no reason to be, but she always felt bad for Stiles and Scott's financial situations, but she tried to help as much as possible.

"No, I didn't mean... You're okay," he pulls out of the driveway, noticing she hadn't been in as bright of a mood, and immediately feels bad. "I wasn't trying to blame you for it."

"I know. Just go, Lydia will kill me if I'm late," she responds, obviously shutting down.

___

They reach Lydia's house shortly after, met with couples making out and some very loud pop music playing.

"Car-" he tries to apologize again, but she waves her hand, halfway out the door.

"It's fine. I gotta go," she walks into the house, immediately lighting up the room.

Meanwhile Stiles stands at the car, sighing in disappointment.

"Lyds, I'm putting my bag in your room," she tells the petite girl, who smiles at the arrival of her best friend.

"Okay, make sure you lock it back," she hands her the key.

Passing a series of couples making out, she spots Scott and Allison walking in.

"Go Scott!"

Before she goes to say hi, a lacrosse player, Tyler Davis, walks up to her. He's been pining over her for weeks, and tonight he finally went up to her. Something that would royally piss off Stiles.

"Come dance with me," he grabs her hand.

"Oh hello, you are very attractive," she whispers.

"God he's hot."

Stiles looks over, immediately ruining his mood. He hated that guy, with a passion. And yet here the idiot was, dancing with Carson, while all he'd accomplished tonight was making her feel guilty for having rich parents.

Tyler - 1, Stiles - 0

Grinding on him to the pop song playing, she felt inclined to kiss the blond.

"You're bold. Most guys don't approach me," she smirks, grabbing his hand, oblivious to the eyes on her.

A few minutes later, she pulls away from Tyler, seeing Scott walk out the party.

"What was that about?" she asks but Stiles runs out, giving no explanation whatsoever.

"Stiles, you're my ride!" she tries yelling, but to no avail, he drives off anyway.

"What just happened?" she asks Allison, who'd similarly been left dumbfounded by Scott. 

"I have no idea," she responds.