Chapter 5

Revised

*Carters POV*

He reaches tward his face and removes his mask. How could I have not noticed before with the dark hair and the bright blue eyes.

William Aston. One of the most popular boys in the whole school. The star football player, always surrounded by girls almost everywhere. Oh no! I thought. What if Will if disappointed that it's me!

"Didn't think it was me did you?" Says Will with a laugh. I realize that my mouth was hanging open and I quickly close it, pursing my lips.

"Why did you pick me? You know to dance with?" I ask, but I was sacred to know the answer. What if it was something weird like he wanted to get away from his friend.

He smiles at me. "I have seen you around school. I recognized you the moment you walked in the doors. Your eyes are the most beautiful color I have ever seen." He's leaning closer to me and I don't back away. "I picked you because you interest me, I want to know more about you." His words bring me out of my nerves state. And I slowly remove my mask. "There she is, the most beautiful girl at the dance." He replies. I can feel my cheeks warming as he said that. "So I confirmed you are my mystery girl. Now, what's your name sunshine?"

"Carter Bennett." I say with a smile.

"Well Carter, would you like to accompany me to another dance?" Asked Will.

"I would love to." I reply with a smile. He takes my hand and stand up. He puts my hands to his shoulders and his hand on my waist. Violin music starts to play and I smile. "Did you plan all this?" I asked him ecstatically.

"Maybe." He replies. "I just wanted to make my first meeting with you the best I could be." I could feel my cheeks warming up again. He sure has a way with words. "Carter?" He asks.

"Yeah" I reply looking straight into his eyes.

"I think I might be falling for you" he says dipping me. I laugh at his joke as he brings me back to a standing position. "I'm serious. Carter I had the best night with you than I've ever had in my life." He says breaking away from me, he goes onto one knee. "Carter I know it's all of a sudden. But would you make me the luckiest man in the world----"

"Woah woah woah! What are you talking about? I just met you I couldn't-"

"Hold on Carter before you say no let me finish." I nod and he continues. "Will you make me the luckiest man in the world... and be my girlfriend." I stare blankly into his eyes. What did I just do! I thought he was going to propose! Not ask me to be his girlfriend! In my defense though he was acting as though he was going to propose.

"I'm so sorry." I say. He sighs sadly as he stands up about to leave but I grab his hand. "I jumped to conclusions. I thought you were asking me to marry you." He starts to laugh and I give him a mean glare. "In my defense you were down on one knee which people usually do when they're proposing. But if you promise not to cheat on me, then I'll be your girlfriend."

We both smile, and I release his hand. He places his hands on my waist and spins me around. When my feet are on the ground again. I wrap my arms around him in a tight embrace. Who would ever thought that the most popular guy in school would want me to be his girlfriend.

*Will's POV*

She said yes! She said yes! Carter Bennett is my girlfriend!

Oh my god. I have a girlfriend. The girl I have been crushing on for years is my girlfriend. I smile from ear to ear. Placing my large hands on his waist I lift her small body into the air spinning her in a circle. I reluctantly place her back on the ground, she wraps her thin arms around my torso, making me smile only grow.

We start to sway back and forth as the music continues. She sighs resting her head against my chest. I smile leaning my chin onto her head. We stand there for what feels like hours just relaxing into each other.