He left back for the cash register and I continued sketching down my ideas.

I walked home and still no uncle Felix. Oh well.

I decided to take a shower and find something more interesting to do. So I did. I pulled out my new phone and clicked on a certain contact. My best friend. Even if friending her made the world turn against me, she was still by my side, always blaming herself for me. The call made its way to Paris because I soon saw her face.

No one's pov

"MARINETTE"!!!

' LILA'!!! Marinette happily signed.

"Mari, it's been so long since I last seen you here in Paris" .

' We both know I was the target. So I had to go. At least you're fine. Right '? She signed.

The moment Marinette and Lila became friends, Lila wanted to do everything possible to be able to communicate with her. But Marinette always preferred Lila's voice. It was nice when she sounded sincere.

"Yes, I'm fine. How is Gotham" ?

' Its great. But school starts tomorrow. I won't let anything happen to me. I won't let the same mistakes happen. But you were never a mistake. Just remember that. Okay'?

"Yes. So, you'll be wearing like, a mask? But, will you make friends? Would you"?

'no. There is no need for more friends. More friends would probably make me spend less time with you. And, maybe I could be myself for once'.

" What do you mean"?

'I can't really explain. And the mask, I've always worn a mask. But, I can't really explain it right now. Maybe some other time'.

Marinette ended the call and she heard a door open. Probably Felix.

"Marinette, I'm home".

Marinette left her bedroom and saw her uncle putting his things away in their designated areas.

He turned to her and looked at her. Only he knew about her past. He knew the girl behind the mask and he knew everything that has happened in Paris as well. Felix adored Marinette for being herself. And she adored his everything. They two were always comfortable with each other.

Some hours later passed and dinner was ready. The two were eating and Felix decided to speak.

" I've arranged your identity to be known as Marinette Graham De Vanily. I am your legal guardian. But I'm still your uncle in the outside world.

I've also let the school know of your speaking disability, in case you are required to say something. But with my last name, they'll only call on you if you want to speak up. So don't worry about that".

' thank you uncle '. She smiled. He rubbed her back and left off to his office.

The next day

Marinette woke up early and quickly got dressed. She took her shower before and did her hair. Two equally divided pigtails like before. She wasn't fully ready to change. And she wasn't ready to see a new Marinette.

She walked out of her bedroom in her uniform and Felix saw her. He served her breakfast and she soon finished.

The two left and entered his car. They drove off and stopped right at the front entrance.

"Remember Nettie, head high" he said in his cold tone. She nodded and left.

The many kids that were sitting by the entrance saw her and realized where she just came from. Felix Graham De Vanily was very well known around Gotham. He was the second richest person with Bruce coming in first place. But Felix never preferred big but simple things. Like his home. Just another gothic home. But it was still quite big compared to the rest.

Everyone looked at the girl and she didn't look too, anything. That girl looked empty inside. There was nothing. Only her body.

She walked down many halls and headed straight for the principals office. She knocked and heard a faint come in. She entered and the principal saw her.

"You must be Marinette! I'm Ms. Kaiser. Will you need a tour guide"?

Marinette nodded no.

" I see. Welp, heres your guide to well, everywhere. And here is your schedule. Have a great first day of school"!

Marinette turned and left.

She looked at her schedule.

Trigonometry III (I don't even know if III even exists. But oh well)

That was her first class. So she walked straight to it. She found the classroom and knocked. The teacher teaching it was also a woman. And she looked nice.

"You must be my new student. We're all seniors here except the boy in the back. And you'll be taking a seat by him. Got it"?

Marinette nodded. She went to the back of the class and saw the boy. He was the youngest out of everyone here. But she was only one of two other girls. This class had more boys.

She gently sat down next to him and looked forward. But she tried to keep her distance from him. The only thing preventing that, was another boy.

His name was Tim. Well, that's what it said on his name tag. And she was sitting right in between the two because the Tim boy entered late. And these were benches for three. And she was stuck in the middle.

The class continued and she kept on listening to the teacher, though, she wasn't actually paying attention.

The boy besides her, Tim, was snoring. So that's why she couldn't really pay attention. But, the other boy besides didn't really look like he was paying attention either.

Class ended and the Tim boy woke up and just left. Just like that. Completely forgetting his school bag and everything else. So many students were walking towards the back and Marinette noticed. They were heading to meet her.

But she wasn't going to let anyone talk to her at all. She didn't even like these people. They were so dumb. But luckily, not as dumb as the idiots back in Paris. So she got out of her seat, luckily the Tim boy was gone, and she just walked straight for the door.

Many boys were heading for her, but she just tripped each and everyone of them and took off.

They all stared at the space the girl was once in and thought, there's another one.

And Damian, well, he didn't like what he was seeing.