Chapter 17- The Earth King

Mulai dari awal

"I can explain this, your majesty," Feng says popping out of no where. "This is nothing more than a construction project."

"Really? Then perhaps you could explain why there's a Fire Nation insignia on your construction project."

"Well it's simple, it's huh her," Long Feng says pointing at me.

"Nice try," I smile. "I'm from the Northern Water Tribe, I just some how happen to also be a firebender."

We all glared at him.

"Surely you don't believe these children instead of your most loyal attendant?"

"Dai Li, arrest Long Feng," the King says. "I want him to stand trail for crimes against the Earth Kingdom."

The Dai Li cuff Long Feng. "You can't arrest me. You all need me more than you know!"

"Looks like Long Feng is long gone!" Sokka yells as I give him a low high five. "Oh, yeah, I've been waitin to use that one."

When we arrive back at the palace, the King agrees to support Sokka's plan to invade the Fire Nation on the day of the solar eclipse.

The Earth King's top general, raid Long Feng's office and discover files about every person in Ba Sing Se, including the gaang.

The King opens the box handing us scrolls.

"Toph Beifong." The King says handing the scroll to Aang who handed the scroll to Toph who handed the scroll to me as I read it.

"It's a letter from your mom. Your mom's here in the city. And she wants to see you."

"Long Feng intercepted our letters from home?" Toph asks. "That's just sad."

"Aang," the Earth King says. "This scroll was attached to the horn of your bison when the Dai Li captured it."

"It's from the Eastern Air Temple."

"Princess Soul." the King says handing me my scroll.

"It's from my father," I read. "He wants me to come back home, to rule."

"Is there a letter for me and Sokka, by any chance?" Katara asks.

"I'm afraid not."

Katara and Sokka look at each other. "Oh," Sokka sighs.

"But there is an intelligence report that might interest you." The guard says handing the scroll to Katara.

"A small fleet of water Tribe ships?"

"What?" Sokka gasps. "That could be Dad!"

Katara continues reading. "Protecting the mouth of Chameleon Bay? Led by Hakoda, it is Dad!"

We all gather in a circle reading our letters.

"I can't believe it," Aang says. "There's a man living at the Eastern Air Temple. He says he's a Guru."

"What's a Guru?" Sokka asks. "Some kind of poisonous blowfish?"

"No, a spiritual expert." Aang responds. "He wants to help me take the next step in the Avatar journey. He says he can teach me to control the avatar state."

"And I can't believe we know where our Dad is now," Katara says.

"I know what you mean," Toph says. "My mom's in the city, and from her letter, it sounds like she finally understands me."

"My father wants me to come back and rule." I sigh.

"This is all such big news," Sokka says. "Where do we even start?"

"I hate to say it, but..we have to split up." I say.

"Split up?" Aang heaves. "We just found Appa and got the family back together. Now you want us to separate?"

"You have to meet this Guru, Aang. If we're gonna invade the Fire Nation, you need to be ready." Katara says.

"Well, if I'm going to the Eastern Air Temple, Appa and I can drop you off at Chameleon Bay to see your Dad."

"Someone has to stay here with the Earth King and help him plan for the invasion," Sokka says. "I guess that's me." He says standing up.

"No, Sokka," Katara vocalizes. " I know how badly you want to help Dad. You go to Chameleon Bay, I'll stay here with the King."

"You are the...nicest...sister...ever!" Sokka says kissing Katara's cheek.

"Easy there, big brother. Though you're right, I am."

The next morning, Aang and Sokka prepare for their journey. Before departing Aang attempts to talk to Katara.

"Are you sure, you don't want me to drop you off?" Sokka asks me.

"What?" I say startled. "The North Pole is too far. The boats are coming to pick me up later."

"Oh," Sokka sighs. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too," I sigh. "If I don't come back don't forge-"

I get cut off by Sokka's warm lips on mine.

"You talk too much." He says.

He kisses me again as I wrap my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

We both pull apart for air. "When I come back, promise me we'll have that date." I laugh.

"Pinky promise," Sokka says as we connect our pinkies together.

"Seal it with a kiss." I say as we kiss our thumb.

Sokka then runs away interrupting Katara and Aang's conversion.

"All right!" Sokka says wrapping his arm around Aang's shoulder. "Who's ready to get going on a little men only, man trip?"

"Aang and Sokka, I wish you a good journey," the King says. "Ba Sing Se owes you it's thanks. We look forward to your safe return."

"Your majesty," one of the guards say. "There are three female warriors here to see you. They're from the Island of Kyoshi."

"That's Suki!" Sokka pants.

I roll my eyes thinking about that girl again.

"You know these warriors?" the King asks.

"Oh, yeah. The Kyoshi Warriors are a skilled group of fighters. Trustworthy too. They're good friends of ours."

"Then we shall welcome them as honored guests." the King says.

"Wait, Aang," Katara says giving Aang a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm really gonna miss you guys," Toph says.

"Me too." Katara says as she hugs Toph. Aang and I join in.

I then notice Sokka wasn't in on the hug so I tackled him in a hug as the rest of the group does too.

"Great, that's enough. Ok, we love each other. Seriously." Sokka breathes out.

Katara and I were the last remaining.

"And then there were two."