Chapter 17- The Earth King

Începe de la început

Long Feng whispers something to the King.

"I have to trust my advisor."

The Da Li agent quickly grabbed Aang.

"Wait," Sokka shouts. "I can prove he's lying! Long Feng said he's never seen a sky bison. Ask him to lift his robe."

"What?" Long Feng scoffs. "I am not disrobing."

Aang blows a gust of wind at him causing his robe to lift up showing Appa's bite mark.

"Right there, Appa bit him!"

"Never met a sky bison huh?"

"That happens to be a large birthmark," Long Feng says pulling down his robe. "Thanks for showing everyone."

"By the way Princess did you cut your hair?"

"Oh," I blush. "At least someone noticed!" I yelled towards that gaang.

"I noticed." Sokka cries.

"So why didn't you say anything?" I say clearly upset.

"I was-"

The Earth King interrupts our argument. "Well, I suppose there's no way to prove where those marks came from."

"Of course there is," Sokka says.

Aang brings in Appa to compare the mark to Appa's teeth to invalidate our statement.

"Yep, that pretty much proves it."

"Yay!" We all cheer.

"But it doesn't prove this crazy conspiracy theory."

"Ahh!" We all groan.

"Though, I suppose this matter is worth looking into."

"Uh, ok."

"We'll take it."

"Uh, yeah."

"All right."

*ೃ༄ *ೃ༄ *ೃ༄

"So this is what a train is like," the Earth King says looking around. "I didn't realize it would be this...public."

"So you've never been outside the upper ring before?" Katara asks.

"I've never been outside the palace. Now that's the way to travel." the Earth King says, pointing at Appa through the train window.

"So, may I ask where we're going?"

"Underneath Lake Laogai, your kingliness. To the Dai Li secret headquarters," Sokka responds. "You're about to see where all the brainwashing and conspiring took place."

When we arrive to Lake Laogai, we found out that the entrance to the subterranean facility had collapsed to prevent further investigation.

We decided to show the Earth King the outer wall, which was earlier penetrated by the Fire Nation drill, but the King refuses and decides to return to the palace.

"If you come with us, this time you can ride Appa." I smile.

"Aahhh," the Earth King screams.

"First time flying?" Toph asks.

"It's both thrilling and terrifying," he responds.

"Yeah, I hate it, too."

"I have to be honest with you," the King says. "Part of me really hopes that what you're telling me about this war isn't true."

"I wish it wasn't." Aang mutters.

We arrive at the outer wall. The Earth King is shocked to see the remains of the Fire Nation's drill.