☆the upside down☆

There was no time to wait for Lila to put on her skates. With little time to follow the cops Lila hops onto the back of dustins bike. Quickly the five pedal out of the Byers yard and onto the street.

The wind blew Lila's hair vigorously, causing it to be a mess. She didn't care though. The most important thing was to get to wherever those cops were going.

The quarry, Lila finally realized. As the boys bikes rounded the corner she saw the mass of cops and first responders at the waters edge. Dustin, Lucas, and mike pulled their bikes behind a fire truck so the group could watch. Lila's eyes watch in shock as hopper runs to the water. First responders where carrying a body out of the water. Wills body. His signature red vest soaked in water.

"It's not will." Mike says in denial. "It can't be."

With no one besides Lila around Dustin and Lucas grip onto her and she lets them. She can feel the tears running down from Dustins eyes soaking into her shirt. She clutches him tighter. They need someone now and Lila is happy that it can be her. Mike pushes behind the group and el follows.

"Mike?" From behind Lila she hears a smack.

"Mike what? You were supposed to help us find him." Feeling the rising tension Lila let's go of the boys and turns towards Mike. "You said he was alive. You were supposed to help us find him alive."

Lila steps in front of el now as if to protect her from Mike's jabs. "Mike, how was she supposed to know?"

"She said he was alive." When Mike turns his head towards Lila's face she can see the tears staining his face. She couldn't see them before. Before Mike can fire back again she pulls him in for a hug. He's hesitant at first but he finally crumbles into her arms. All he needs is comfort right now. Lila's eyes look over the boys shoulder and they connect with sherif hopper. His eyes linger on her for a moment but then return to the scene in the water.

Without any words there was a connection between them at that point. Lila knew hopper felt like he failed. You could tell by looking at him. Lila could feel it in her bones that somehow hopper didn't fail will. Even if she didn't know how yet.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

"The brown current ran swiftly out of the heart of darkness, bearing us down towards the sea with twice the speed of our upward progress." The teacher read from his spot on the edge of his desk. No one is paying attention today. "And kurtz's life was running swiftly, too-"

That's when the door opens revealing our principle. "Nancy wheeler? If you'll come with me please?"

All eyes turn towards Nancy. It's not very often she's getting called to the office. Usually when the principal comes in you expect to hear Lila Henderson's name being called. Nancy quickly gathers her things and follows the principle out the door. As soon as the brunette is out the door the teacher returns to his reading and anything interesting that was going to happen is pushed out the door.

With a barely audible sigh Lila returns to staring at the boring worn pages of the book in front of her. This is how this usually went in school. It would be boring all day and then for a tiny fraction of a second something interesting would happen and then just be gone.

Before she could even begin to focus on the book the school bell rings signifying the end of class. Quickly she packs up her things and heads out the door of the classroom. One more class and she's out of here.
   ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ