☆the rocket★

Lila "the rocket" Henderson. That's the name of one of the coolest people in Hawkins, Indiana. At least she was in Dustin's opinion. She was the resident prankster of Hawkins. She had gotten the name, rocket, from catching the teachers desk on fire with a bottle rocket. The prank had not gone as planned and she definitely got in trouble but if you ask her she would say it was worth it.

If you had been caught victim of one of her pranks it was because you had disrespected her. Her only reasons for doing anything are spite and aesthetic. Some people had learned to respect her after the first prank but one had never learned. Steve Harrington, Resident douchebag. He had been caught victim what seemed like a million times. Every time you turned the corner she was pulling a prank on him. Sometimes it was as simple as mayonnaise in the locker, he had never figured out how she knew his combination, and other times it was more extreme like spray painting a very obscene image on the hood of his car. Somehow he still hadn't learned and she would continue until he did.
           ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

             The breeze blows Lila's hair back as she roller blades down the side walk. She lets out a groan when she nears the school and sees Harrington and his goons outside.

"Hey rocket!" Harrington shouts Making her groan again. Couldn't she just go one day without having to deal with him. "What are you doing tonight? Playing dnd with your baby brother?"

"Actually no Harrington I was thinking about stopping by your house, having a nice chat with your mom and telling how much of a dickwad you are." She states with a smile. Harrington let's out growl and walks off. With one last smile sent towards carol she rolls off into the school and skates to her locker. She opens it and leans down to take off her skates.

"Mrs. Henderson." Lila turns at the sound of her least favorite teachers voice mr. black. "I've told you a million times no more skating in the school. Skating is for people who have nothing better to do."

"And that's how I know my day has started mr. black. Your daily reminder that I'll always be a failure in your eyes" Lila jokes with a twinkle in her eye.

Lila turns on her heal without waiting for a reply and walks into the art room. Photography is her first class of the day and her escape from the morning visit from morons like Steve and his goons.

"I'm sorry but there is no way I'm letting you cut my hair." A blonde struggles to get away from her tan friend holding a pair of safety scissors.

"Come on I'll only take like," the olive skinned brunette stops and looks at the ends of the blondes hair. "Four inches."

"Four inches my ass, kiara" the blonde finally takes a seat but still far enough away from kiara. They both turn to Lila as she enters the room. They both give her a bright smile.

"So I was thinking," Lila starts off. "My brother will be at the Wheelers tonight I say we go to the railroad and do the photo project."

"Sounds like a plan." The blonde, ally states with a bright smile. This project could be Lila's biggest, maybe even winning this years competition. With a sigh Lila sits down at the table. Before any of the trio could say another thing the teacher walks in and begins lecturing on lighting.
            ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

         "Be home by ten and please don't forget to call when you get there so I know you got there safe." Lila says to her brother as she stands on the front porch. He gives her a nod as he kicks the bikes kickstand and hops on. "Promise me D?"

The long haired brunette girl holds up her pinky and he returns the gesture. They have always been close with one another. Nothing could separate the Henderson siblings.

"I promise." Lila gives a nod and retired into the house. The brunette returns to her room and starts to pack all of her camera gear into her bag. Lens after lens, she stuffs the bag and finally drapes it over her shoulder. She takes said bag and places it by the door so it's ready to go. Right on time the phone rings and Lila picks it up.

"Hello?" She's asks. She knew who it was already but she just like to mess with Dustin.

"It's Dustin." Dustin Sort of giggles in the other end.

"Whose Dustin?" Lila finds it hard to contain her laughs and has to cover her mouth.

"You're... no no no I'm not letting you do that again." Last month Lila had completely managed to convince Dustin that she had no clue who he was. She thought it was a pranking masterpiece but if you ask Dustin he would say it was just plain out annoying.

Finally Lila's laughter burst out. She had a sort of angelic laugh. One that you might never forget if you heard. After she finally controls herself she starts to speak. "Have fun tonight d. If I'm not home when you get back don't wait up I'll be at the railroad."

Dustin nods even though Lila can't see him. "Okay. Be safe tonight L I hear the railroad is..." he pauses for dramatic effect. "Haunted!"

Lila smiles at her baby brothers words. "Yeah yeah okay. Love you d."

"Love you too L."
             ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

                "Guys we only have tonight to get these. So can you please focus?" Lila asks the very noisy and unfocused pair of kiara and ally.

"Fine fine." Kiara sets down the deceased snake and comes back to Lila side. "So what are you photographing exactly?"

"Well I'm capturing the silence of the forest." Lila gives ally and kiara a side eye.

"Sorry about that one." Ally laughs but stops when she hears a stick break in the distance. All three girls look in the direction of the noise. All to be seen is the fog and trees surrounding them. "What was that?"

Lila smirks. She walks slowly over to ally. " maybe it was the ghosts."

"The what!?" Ally asks increasingly more scared. Lila gasps and puts a hand over her heart.

"You mean you haven't heard?" Ally shakes her head no. "The woods are.." Lila waits for effect and then jumps at ally. "Haunted!"

Ally shrieks and closes her eyes. All the Can be heard in the forest is the sound of Lila's and kiaras laughs mixing together. Lila after a few moments returns to her camera and starts to snap pictures. The pine trees in the forest mixed with fog are all you can see in the frame. Snapping one last frame Lila takes the camera and looks at the gallery noticing something weird in the distance. A tall figure in the side of one of the frames. She looks from the camera to the distance of the railroad. Whatever it was can no longer be seen. Lila wasn't one to get scared but all she wanted to do right now was leave.

"Okay!" Lila says cheerfully to the pair behind her. "We are done here." Lila begins to pack her bags at a quicker rate than she unpacked them. Once she's done she stands up and looks at the duo. "Let's rock and roll."

Lila did not plan on showing then the discrepancy in the photo taken it would only scare them but Lila knew in her core they needed to leave.                   
                ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ